ROPS Program for Bolens Iseki

/ ROPS Program for Bolens Iseki #1  

NHmitch

Platinum Member
Tractor
Bolens G154/IsekiTX1300F
Hi,

I just thought that I would share a program if you were not aware of it with you guys. I just got a grant for ROPS, and I purchased them, and installed them on my G154. I know that this is a smaller tractor, but I was hauling firewood, out of my woods because we heat our farm 100% with wood here in New Hampshire, and I hit a rut, and my front wheels lifted in the air, even thought I had suitcase weights, and loaded tires on the front, and I almost flipped over backwards. It happened so fast that I could not get off if I tried. If it had landed on top of me, the tractor still weights over 1200 lbs, and it would have crushed me. The program is only available in PA, NY, VT, and NH but if you check with you states agriculture dept, a lot of states offer a similar program. I didn't think that I would ever need them on this tractor, and I have driven much larger tractors without ROPS installed, but now its like going on a roller coaster with the bar down. I feel much better. We use are tractor everyday on our farm, and even on a flat surface you can overturn. The link is Rollover Protective Structure ROPS Retrofit Program. If anyone wants a photo of the tractor with the ROPS installed, let me know and I will send you one. They allowed me to purchase the folding ROPS so I can drive under the barn, or in the under trees if I have to with the ROPS down.

Andrew

/ ROPS Program for Bolens Iseki #2  
What percentage discount did you get?

/ ROPS Program for Bolens Iseki
They are actually paying for the entire cost and I had to pay about $100 for the shipping. I really was a great deal.

/ ROPS Program for Bolens Iseki #4  
Wow, just pay the shipping!

Im gonna check to see if there is a ROPS program here in Mn. I know an Iseki H1502 thats needs a rops.

The program says 70% of the ROPS, but that was how much they payed for mine. They try to cover as much as they can, usually the entire or most of the cost. I have been looking to see is there is a program in MN, and other states. You could try to call the ROPS program that I used. I know that they help you. The number is
Phone: (607) 547-6023 x231 or (877) 767-7748 x231

or http://ropsr4u.com/

If I can find a program for you, I will let you know. There is great information on memebrs LMTC's website, Little Miami Trading Company - Compact Tractors
He has the best prices I have seen so far.

/ ROPS Program for Bolens Iseki #6  
Hey thanks for the info Mitch, Ill dig into it it a little further.

Im a big fan of having a rops on these tractors, the guy with the H1504 iseki tipped his over the 1st day he owned it. I just recently bought a used rops from a john Deere commercial mower so that I can retro-fit it to my Yanmar 1110d.

ROPS is the only tool I know of you need only use once to pay for itself.

They really are a great piece of equipment as long as you use a seatbelt with them, if not they are actually more dangerous. I thought that it was really interesting that the rate of fatalities was almost none with tractor roll overs where a ROPS was installed, and the operator was belted in. That is a great statement about the ROPS being the only piece of equipment that pays for itself on the first use. I couldn't agree more. I hate seeing people driving their tractor with the ROPS half way down, or after they have taken the top part of of the ROPS because its easier to drive in their barn, or under trees. The ROPS I have fold in half, but I actually found that I don't have to fold them down when I park the tractor. I really like a quote that I found while I was looking for my ROPS, "Even with the smallest tractor sitting on your chest, your first breath will almost certainly be your last". - F.A. Ford. Below I also found some very interesting statics that inspired me to retrofit my tractor, and a close call. I am very glad to hear that you are putting ROPS on your Yanmar, and if I can help, I will keep looking.

Each year 4 out of every 100,000 American workers die on the job.
The fatality rate for farmers is 800% higher than all American workers.
The tractor is the leading cause of death on a farm.
The most frequent cause of tractor related deaths are side and rear overturns.
Farmers in the Northeast experience the highest rates of overturn death.
80% of deaths caused by rollovers happen to experienced farmers.
1 in 7 farmers involved in tractor overturns are permanently disabled.
7 out of 10 farms will go out of business within a year of a tractor overturn fatality.
ROPS are 99% effective in preventing injury or death in the event of an overturn when used with a seatbelt.
ROPS remain 70% effective without the use of a seatbelt.

/ ROPS Program for Bolens Iseki #8  
Where did you actually get the ROPS from? And where did it mount to? Thanks.

Hi,

I ordered the ROPS from justtractorparts. They are the main dealer for Hercules ROPS. That is the only brand that is currently still manufactured, and ISO certified in the US. I am extremely impressed with the ROPS and they really are built very well. To install them, you have to remove the top link bracket that is attached behind the seat. You then have to remove the PTO cover that fold down. The ROPS bolts on in the two holes behind the top link bracket, and in the 4 holes around the PTO. There is still plenty of room for the PTO. The top link then attaches to a bracket that is built into the ROPS. It is actually a very strong set up, and the ROPs fold down if you have to drive under trees, into a barn or garage. I actually don't have to fold mine down when I drive into my garage or under our barn. They come with a seat belt that attaches to the ROPS, and I was able to install the entire unit in about two hours by myself. I really do feel much safer driving the tractor with the ROPS installed. If you want more photos of the ROPS, or how they mount, I would be glad to send them to you. These are photos of my tractor with the ROPS mounted. I will take a picture of the mounting location and post it. I posted the link below.

Mitch

Roll Over Protection Structures / ROPS for Iseki & Bolens
tractor.jpg

100_1790.jpg

100_1795.jpg

100_1794.jpg

Last edited:
   / ROPS Program for Bolens Iseki #10  
Nice setup! :thumbsup: As much as I don't want to fork out nearly a grand for a ROPS (no rebate program here yet), it really is silly not to have one. Not only do I need to look out for myself, I have two sons coming up that I cannot even think of taking risks with when they begin driving them.

Keep taking good care of the tractor and treat it well, as it well return the favor to you for many years to come.