ROPS

/ ROPS #1  

flINTLOCK

Platinum Member
Tractor
NH TC40DA 2002
The contractor who constructed my tractor storage shed installed a rolling steel door that reduced my 8' door headroom by 3.5" even though I told him that there was no room to spare with ROPS clearance. Is there a way to safely shorten the ROPS by about 3" without sacrificing the integrity of the system??

/ ROPS #2  
flINTLOCK said:
The contractor who constructed my tractor storage shed installed a rolling steel door that reduced my 8' door headroom by 3.5" even though I told him that there was no room to spare with ROPS clearance. Is there a way to safely shorten the ROPS by about 3" without sacrificing the integrity of the system??

Nope :
FiX the building not the tractor.

/ ROPS #3  
I agree to fix the door, not the tractor.

Was there anything in the contract about the door opening? Was the contractor aware of this being for the tractor, and the height restriction? If it is not in the contract, you might have to pay for it either way...

If the contractor will not fix the door height issue, you may want to investigate if a folding ROPS is availbale for your tractor.

flINTLOCK said:

/ ROPS
I told them repeatedly that headroom could not be sacrificed. Nothing in writing however. I can fold down the ROPS every time I park it if I have to, but was hoping for permanent solution that wouldn't require that little bit of extra time.

/ ROPS #6  
flINTLOCK said:

Me and Lbrown don't always agree.. but on this one.. I'm with everybody else... don't modify the rops.. either fix the door, or just fold it down to enter/exit. What's it take? 1 minute to pull pins and flipover?

Soundguy

/ ROPS
Well, the no's have it. Thanks guys.

/ ROPS #9  
Place a hanging sign in your shed as you enter that says...

HAVE YOU LOWERED YOUR ROP?

If you don't one day soon, you'll drive in and remove your door...:D

/ ROPS
That's what worries me, especially if someone else is operating.