Rotary Cutter Rotary cutter help

/ Rotary cutter help #11  
Unforseen tractor repairs are sickening enough so you sure did not need this mower to cause you this headache...That is a real shame especially since your old mowers had served you so well. These big companies should not be able to get away with that..Don't forget about small claims court in your local country...generally under $100.00 to file a small court claim, in this case against LP and they may settle just to keep from having to hire a local attorney and avoid the bad publicity...I have done this successfully in the past.

/ Rotary cutter help #12  
Copied text fromwalled said "A new gear box is just under $500. + labor. Land pride won't stand behind it because it was sold at auction. Even though new. So even though Land pride looks good don't expect them to stand behing their poducts if they can find a out."

Unforseen tractor repairs are sickening enough so you sure did not need this mower to cause you this headache...That is a real shame especially since your old mowers had served you so well. These big companies should not be able to get away with that..Don't forget about small claims court in your local country...generally under $100.00 to file a small court claim, in this case against LP and they may settle just to keep from having to hire a local attorney and avoid the bad publicity...I have done this successfully in the past.

First I feel for you walled I don't like people and/or companys not standing behind their products but what you and brin said cannot be. I can see why Pride gave you that answer as you are buying from a auction NOT a aurthorized retailer. Otherwise there would be no reason to buy anything new and pay the higher price for it see where I am going with this. Every tom,dick and harry would be in there putting these companies out of buisness with every story under the sun you could imagine. Now I am not calling you a liar but have you ever brought from an auction house before? I do believe it is sold AS IS WHERE IS in condition/claims of accuracy to made before hand bidder is to verfy all and any before bidding. Did the auctionhouse make any claims to this mower other than what was visable being sold in what looks to be as new condition ie:hooked to tractor to check operation of unit? and comment on the operation? You can try brin suggestion but I think you will find you have no recourse after signing for the bidder card. If you do not mind What did you pay for it? then decide is it still cheaper than a new one if it a recent cutter probally still selling it keep the ruined one as parts for future on the new one just new guards if it came with them will save you a few hundred a set over ordering with a new one plus the deck,wheel and so on. Wonder why when we go to buy something new the price seems high part of it is just lawsuits right Brin. Hope everything works out for you and Good luck walled

/ Rotary cutter help #13  
There are 42 brush hogs out there, too. That way, there is no need for slowing down for really thick stuff. As to how much to spend, up front money is cheaper in the long run. Think about smacking engine blocks, hot water heaters, tree stumps, rocks, and whatever with your hog. Do you want the hog to bounce off, or crumple like tin-foil.

Your comment in red font is exactly why you don't want to do what you wrote in the bolded black font.

/ Rotary cutter help #14  
I bought a new Land pride at a dealer going out of business auction 72" rotary cutter. Sorry don't have the numbers it's been sitting at the repair shop all winter waiting for repair. It's been the biggest pain in the butt. Something must not have been put together right it broke shear pins constantly...

You probably got one of the Land Prides with those cheap chinese gearboxes. They still don't have making steel down to a science.
Good thing is, chinese steel is getting expensive, so that should bring steel manufacturing back to the US.
But I am sorry you're having these problems...

/ Rotary cutter help #15  
Also do you think a slip clutch is worth the extra $ in my case? ($150)
Thanks in advance!!

I'd spend the few bucks for a slip clutch. Bolts that have sheared off can be a royal pain to remove from shafts and couplers. There is also the potential for driveshaft/pto damage if the wrong grade shear bolt is used, not to mention the shock to the entire drive system when the cutter stops suddenly and XX horsepower is continually trying to turn the cutter.
A little clutch maintence is a small price to pay to maybe save a larger repair bill imho.

/ Rotary cutter help #16  
Copied text fromwalled said "A new gear box is just under $500. + labor. Land pride won't stand behind it because it was sold at auction. Even though new. So even though Land pride looks good don't expect them to stand behing their poducts if they can find a out."

First I feel for you walled I don't like people and/or companys not standing behind their products but what you and brin said cannot be. I can see why Pride gave you that answer as you are buying from a auction NOT a aurthorized retailer. Otherwise there would be no reason to buy anything new and pay the higher price for it see where I am going with this. Every tom,dick and harry would be in there putting these companies out of buisness with every story under the sun you could imagine. Now I am not calling you a liar but have you ever brought from an auction house before? I do believe it is sold AS IS WHERE IS in condition/claims of accuracy to made before hand bidder is to verfy all and any before bidding. Did the auctionhouse make any claims to this mower other than what was visable being sold in what looks to be as new condition ie:hooked to tractor to check operation of unit? and comment on the operation? You can try brin suggestion but I think you will find you have no recourse after signing for the bidder card. If you do not mind What did you pay for it? then decide is it still cheaper than a new one if it a recent cutter probally still selling it keep the ruined one as parts for future on the new one just new guards if it came with them will save you a few hundred a set over ordering with a new one plus the deck,wheel and so on. Wonder why when we go to buy something new the price seems high part of it is just lawsuits right Brin. Hope everything works out for you and Good luck walled

Sabretooth....Small Claims courts are there for a reason - If the product is faulty the manufacturer should stand behind it and I am sure the manufacturers do build in an amount of money into the purchase price to cover such expenses...Or are you suggesting the little guy should just take it on the chin and go away and not try every way to save himself ? Think about it..

/ Rotary cutter help #17  
I have eight years of selling mulching mowers. Check us out http://www.gandrsales.com
Fecon has a New FRM70 Rotary Mower and many Heads that will go on all types of equipment. One pass and you have mulch. They just introduced a Skid Steer Head that will go 3" in the ground. Customers here do up to 10 Kilometers a day 8 feet wide in 3" Material.

/ Rotary cutter help #18  
Sabretooth....Small Claims courts are there for a reason - If the product is faulty the manufacturer should stand behind it and I am sure the manufacturers do build in an amount of money into the purchase price to cover such expenses...Or are you suggesting the little guy should just take it on the chin and go away and not try every way to save himself ? Think about it..

He'd lose and waste the money on a lawyer. He bought the cutter at an auction..."as is, where is". It's caveat emptor.
For all we know,, the cutter could have been sold, trashed and returned to the dealer for warranty. Dealer didn't want to fix it, so it went to auction.
It's a drag, but I think there's little recourse at this point.

/ Rotary cutter help #19  

Was the fact that this item was sold at an auction somehow lost in the discussion?