Rotary Cutting Need to Knows!

/ Rotary Cutting Need to Knows! #1  

Ridonkulus

Tractor
Zetor Major HS 65
I’m a new tractor owner and my next purchase is a rotary cutter. Naturally I have tons of questions before buying any type of rotary cutter. Before I make a post is there a post somewhere that lays out the need to know info before setting out to spend thousands of dollars. TIA

/ Rotary Cutting Need to Knows! #2  
Is there a thread that lays out Rotary Cutter requirements?

Last edited:
   / Rotary Cutting Need to Knows! #3  

Sep 26, 2019 / Newbie Question on Rotary Cutters

I have 60 acres (50/50 split timber/field). Im thinking that an 8' cutter would be a great size for the mowing. Im curious how many acres you guys mow and with what size cutter/tracker? Also how long does it take you? Curious if I can get away with a smaller cutter and save some money without it taking me an entire weekend, sun up to sun down, to get the job done. Thanks in advance.

Edit:
Mowing is probably not the right word. I only plan to brush hog it 3 maybe 4 times a year.

What has changed since September 2019?

Last edited:
   / Rotary Cutting Need to Knows! #4  
There are many considerations. We need more information to make more than a general recommendation.
What make/model tractor.
What exactly are you cutting? Grass, weeds, brush, sm trees? What is the greatest diameter ?
What kind of terrain? Hilly, flat, Steep ?

/ Rotary Cutting Need to Knows!
Is there a thread that lays out Rotary Cutter requirements?

none

Add your tractor brand and model to your T-B-N PROFILE.

thanks for the link. I will look this over and any specific questions I have Ill start a new thread.

/ Rotary Cutting Need to Knows! #6  
No need to start a new. Take a minute and put your tractor in your profile too (y)

/ Rotary Cutting Need to Knows! #10  
Good info, and/or reminders here on #8.