Rotella T6 gallons

/ Rotella T6 gallons #1  

rScotty

Tractor
Kubota M59, JD530, JD310SG. Restoring Yanmar YM165D
I just bought some motor oil at NAPA to do an oil change - three gallons of Rotella T6 5w-40 Full Synthetic Heavy Duty Diesel in the blue gallon containers. When I opened them, I was kind of surprised that the containers didn't have the expected aluminum foil seal under the cap. I think the gallons I've bought in the past always did. No sign of tampering; just no seal.
Is that the way Rotella does it now?

rScotty

/ Rotella T6 gallons
Have you bought any T6 recently? Do they have that peel-off secondary seal?
Dang, I sure hope not.. I poured the oil in my engine & am now wondering if it really was what it was said to be? I hope someone can ease my mind.

It seemed Ok, although more viscous than I expected from a 5wt on a 50 degree day. Last time I usedMobil 1 and I think they had a peel-off.
rScotty

/ Rotella T6 gallons #4  
Have you bought any T6 recently? Do they have that peel-off secondary seal?
Dang, I sure hope not.. I poured the oil in my engine & am now wondering if it really was what it was said to be? I hope someone can ease my mind.

It seemed Ok, although more viscous than I expected from a 5wt on a 50 degree day. Last time I usedMobil 1 and I think they had a peel-off.
rScotty
Yes, I have used 12 gallons this year. Have 4 gallons left for next change. None have the foil. Like it better, I always worried about “foil in the oil.” Poet.

/ Rotella T6 gallons
Yes, I have used 12 gallons this year. Have 4 gallons left for next change. None have the foil. Like it better, I always worried about “foil in the oil.” Poet.
Thanks, that makes me feel better. I also used some old work contacts and put in a questioin to Shell technical dept. For decades I use Shell Rotella 15w40 conventional and it worked fine. But I do like synthetic oils.

/ Rotella T6 gallons #6  
You do have to watch for missing foil on DEF. It is purchased, dumped in DEF tank, then refilled with water & returned.

/ Rotella T6 gallons #10