Tires Rough Rough ride.

/ Rough Rough ride. #1  

John Gelm

Tractor
kubota bx2370
New member here. I hope this is going out to all.

I assume most owners of the Kubota BX series know that it is like riding a wild bronco. The manual says front tire pressure 17 psi, rear 14. I called my dealer and all they said do not lower pressure as you will damage tires etc.etc. This is not my first rodeo and not to run on "improperly inflated tires." I have turf tires with a 60-inch deck, no front loader, and nothing on little 3 pt. Thinking about running 8 psi front and maybe 9 or 10 in the rear.
Any better suggestions out there? Oh yes, I did remove the rubber plugs that are inside the seat springs that seem to limit spring travel
HELP!
Regards,
John G

/ Rough Rough ride. #2  
I agree. Those recommended pressures from Kubota seems high to me. Try it lower and see what happens

/ Rough Rough ride.
The model is BX 2370. with 250 hrs, I have rear spacers and weights on rear 49# each side. I weigh 170# I will try and after deflating check that the scalp rollers are adjusted correctly on level cement floor. Nice unit but wish there was a better aftermarket sear for this ole man. John G

/ Rough Rough ride. #4  
Not much volume in these small tires to absorb bumps. Are you mowing a lawn or a field? Can you remove the wheel weights to see if it helps?

/ Rough Rough ride.
Difficult for me to remove weights. At age 81 lifting and lining up with bolts bent over like that not so easy. Mowing lawn area which is rolling but not steep and I travel in low range speed. Will try lower pressure today. Other mowing is both sides of wire fencing to alleviate weeds and give definition to pasture limits for cattle to see. John

/ Rough Rough ride. #6  
The teensy wheels and tires which partially define subcompact tractors drop into even small holes, burrows and ruts.

Compact tractors have larger wheels and tires. Kubota's B series compact tractors are almost the same weight as the BX models but have larger wheels and tires which bridge some holes, some burrows and some ruts, yielding a less bucking ride.

/ Rough Rough ride. #7  
Not sure where you are getting your tire pressure values but here is a screen shot of the manual for tire pressures on the BX2370-1.
IMG_1691.png

/ Rough Rough ride. #8  
New member here. I hope this is going out to all.

I assume most owners of the Kubota BX series know that it is like riding a wild bronco. The manual says front tire pressure 17 psi, rear 14. I called my dealer and all they said do not lower pressure as you will damage tires etc.etc. This is not my first rodeo and not to run on "improperly inflated tires." I have turf tires with a 60-inch deck, no front loader, and nothing on little 3 pt. Thinking about running 8 psi front and maybe 9 or 10 in the rear.
Any better suggestions out there? Oh yes, I did remove the rubber plugs that are inside the seat springs that seem to limit spring travel
HELP!
Regards,
John G
I have a BX set up the same way initially. Early in its life I replaced the mounted turfs with mounted bars. The ride was noticeably better and traction was out of this world in comparison. Ground marking is virtually no problem with these light tractors. - - I sold the mounted turfs.

As far as tire pressures - BS, BS -- after you give a little run time for the rim/bead seal to become well established.

Last edited:
   / Rough Rough ride. #9  
The teensy wheels and tires which partially define subcompact tractors drop into even small holes, burrows and ruts.

Compact tractors have larger wheels and tires. Kubota's B series compact tractors are almost the same weight as the BX models but have larger wheels and tires which bridge some holes, some burrows and some ruts, yielding a less bucking ride.

More recent offerings may be different, but even the B series could be cruel. Can't forget the spankings the B7500 used to give me. There were a few places where bumps were spaced at distances that would go WHAPWHAPWHAP on my butt/tender parts.

I have a BX set up the same way initially. Early in its life I replaced the mounted turfs with mounted bars. The ride was noticeably better and traction was out of this world in comparison. Ground marking is virtually no problem with these light tractors. - - I sold the mounted turfs.

As far as tire pressures - BS, BS -- after you give a little run time for the rim/bead seal to become well established.

I'd be careful about underinflation. Wear or damage isn't as much of a concern as is breaking the bead loose. Also with the B7500, I spun a rear and leaked liquid ballast all over my kid's place when I was working on shaping out some parking spaces.