Tires Rough Rough ride.

/ Rough Rough ride. #11  
New member here. I hope this is going out to all.

I assume most owners of the Kubota BX series know that it is like riding a wild bronco. The manual says front tire pressure 17 psi, rear 14. I called my dealer and all they said do not lower pressure as you will damage tires etc.etc. This is not my first rodeo and not to run on "improperly inflated tires." I have turf tires with a 60-inch deck, no front loader, and nothing on little 3 pt. Thinking about running 8 psi front and maybe 9 or 10 in the rear.
Any better suggestions out there? Oh yes, I did remove the rubber plugs that are inside the seat springs that seem to limit spring travel
HELP!
Regards,
John G
I have a BX set up the same way initially. Early in its life I replaced the mounted turfs with mounted bars. The ride was noticeably better and traction was out of this world in comparison. Ground marking is virtually no problem with these light tractors. - - I sold the mounted turfs.

As far as tire pressures - BS, BS -- after you give a little run time for the rim/bead seal to become well established.

More recent offerings may be different, but even the B series could be cruel. Can't forget the spankings the B7500 used to give me. There were a few places where bumps were spaced at distances that would go WHAPWHAPWHAP on my butt/tender parts.

I'd be careful about underinflation. Wear or damage isn't as much of a concern as is breaking the bead loose. Also with the B7500, I spun a rear and leaked liquid ballast all over my kid's place when I was working on shaping out some parking spaces.
The front inflation can be a real issue with a loader. Ive also heard of the lubricating property of beet juice ballast instigated by any squirm of the bead.

The OP tractor is unladen and unballasted, as is mine. - - For perspective, I pull a heavy tongue load trailer - up, down, and side hill - with the BX during haying and still had no problem until the rears got below 10 PSI. During trailer use I developed a bead leak on the tire that was a little below pressure. It reseated fine when I elevated the pressure, and shortly I was able to reset to 10psi with no leaking.​

/ Rough Rough ride. #13  
I run my turf tires at 8 rear and 10 psi front with no problems and have for years. But when I tried that on newer universal tread tires on my other tractor the sidewalls showed cracking real quickly. Being able to lower the pressure might depend on the quality of the tire. If it is a good flexible rubber tire then it seems OK. But if the tire is harder & plastic-like and stiffer like some of the cheaper tires today are .... then it might begin to crack. So I think being able to run them low depends a lot on the construction and material. Only way you will know is do it and watch to see how it goes. My turf tires are old Goodyear type from 40 years ago if that helps. Very soft and rubbery.

On the seat springs I hear you on removing the rubber stoppers. I've also heard of adding another light spring so there is 3 instead of 2.
rScotty

/ Rough Rough ride. #14  
My manual says 17psi front and 14 rear with turf. No loader. Your chart says model 25 not BX 2370 ??

Yes the manual is for the BX25D. The base tractor is a BX2370-1 outfitted for the BH and FEL. I can’t imagine running with the subframe on and BH and FEL off it would that much weigh difference. I’m no expert. I will agree it rides rough but it is a tractor. I have not noticed the pressure in my tires on occasion and they have gotten as low as 16 and it was noticeably sloppy. I also never take my FEL off and don’t use it for mowing. I guess a different beast from a BX2370 given use and attachments.

/ Rough Rough ride. #15  
you are trying to go too fast for your land conditions. go slower and it will be comfortable, tractors don't have spring suspension and shock absorbers!..

/ Rough Rough ride. #16  
   / Rough Rough ride. #17  
As I get older I tend to pay more attention to comfort. Didn’t have a recliner till after 60. Use to think 60 was old, now it’s 90. So anything you can do keep a going, power to you.

I think of an old country cure-all saying to alleviate complaints. Soak your socks in kerosene. Why? So the piss ants don’t crawl up your legs and eat your candy ***!

Always good to keep some kerosene around just in case.

Will be adding some rubber isolation pads between the seat base and deck. Hope my wife likes the new kerosene cologne.