Rough Running International 434

/ Rough Running International 434 #1  

tom paschert

Hi. I have an International 434 gas,thats not running smooth. Have owned it for about a year. It starts ok, but it burps, farts and chokes all the time. It also doesn't seem to have the horsepower its supposed to. I used to have a B-275which actually had more power! I'm not very knowledgeable about engines, but am able to do stuff with a bit of guidance. I'm wondering where some of you think I should look first to solve the rough running. Any advice would be appreciated! Thanx in advance everyone!

/ Rough Running International 434 #2  
Hi. I have an International 434 gas,thats not running smooth. Have owned it for about a year. It starts ok, but it burps, farts and chokes all the time. It also doesn't seem to have the horsepower its supposed to. I used to have a B-275which actually had more power! I'm not very knowledgeable about engines, but am able to do stuff with a bit of guidance. I'm wondering where some of you think I should look first to solve the rough running. Any advice would be appreciated! Thanx in advance everyone!

Knowing the age of the machine (could be 40 years old or more) I would say replace the plugs points and condenser along with the fuel filter and air filter. this is a good start and then see how it runs. If the gas is stale it may need to be swapped out.

/ Rough Running International 434 #3  
DO get the electrics in order.. once you have good spark at the correct time, check the carb.. lean carbs will pop and stumble and cut out upon acceleration.. rich carbs will make sooty smoke and cought and chug-cut out from flooding.

soundguy

/ Rough Running International 434 #4  
Assume you have fresh gas? Sounds like water or gunked up filter also.