Rought Ride

/ Rought Ride #1  

foggy1111

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L 3560 HSTC, 805 Loader
I have now owned my Grand L 3560 HSTC for about 3 years. From day one.....I was dissatisfied with the way this tractor bounced me around and otherwise extremely rough riding characteristics.

Today I had allot to get done ahead of a rain coming in. ****.....but it felt like crap driving this tractor.....over even relatively smooth ground. My JD products never seemed to provide this kinda treatment. Anyone else? What gives with these tractors? I'm getting too **** old to get bounced around like this. To top it off....the suspension seat is always bottomed out with my 225 lb frame. What can be done?

/ Rought Ride #2  
Have you checked your tire pressure. Could be overinflated?

/ Rought Ride #3  
are your rear tires loaded? if so, check psi w/valve stem @ 12 o'clock. either way, pressure should be around 10psi. maybe 26 psi on front.
the smaller the tractor, the more bounce given small wheel base & width. how's the condition of your land? i bounce a lot w/my zero turn given feral hog damage.
fortunately, doesn't bother me. if it continues, you may have to consider a more forgiving aftermarket seat
good luck. may consider a good elastic back support in the meantime, it helps

/ Rought Ride #4  
May want to consider an air ride seat

/ Rought Ride #5  
Just below the front of your suspension seat - there should be a knob. It will allow you to increase tension and not bottom out so often. Check your tire pressure. My M6040 weighs 10,100# and will bounce me around when on rough terrain. It's kind of the name of the game.

/ Rought Ride #6  
Almost no tractor has a suspension or shock absorbers. Problem with a loader tractor is you don't want your front tires too soft which would give you a nicer ride. Never owned one, but as I get older, I'm thinking an air ride seat for replacements, when they come due, might be in order. It is important to note though, that the tractor is experiencing the same punishment.

/ Rought Ride
I've got the seat adjusted as far as it will go. Not enough......and several others have the issue with the seat tool. It's a suspension seat....but it does not handle 200+ lols very well. I do have loaded tires (beet juice) and will check my tire pressures.

Worth a shot....thanks.

/ Rought Ride #8  
Have you checked your tire pressure. Could be overinflated?

Good thought. I think my manual warns about having too much liquid in them, regardless of pressure. They need a certain amount of compressible volume available.

Edit: Oops. OP didn't mention filled tires.

/ Rought Ride #9  
Kubota seats are dreadful at best. My M59 has at best 3/4 inch of suspension travel, the seat is sloped forward and is slippery. Every time I hit a bump it jarrs my lower back then slides me off the front of the seat. Like my zero turn I have to wear the seatbelt or end up out of my seat.

Eventually I will cough up the couple of grand for a new grammar air ride suspension cloth seat with swivel. At least with JD you can spec nice seats along with the platinum price tag.

/ Rought Ride #10  
Foggy - something might be wrong and need to be checked on your seat( tractor seat, that is). My 2009 Kubota M6040 has the OEM suspension seat. I tip the scales at 235#. I do not have the suspension knob cranked down all the way and I VERY SELDOM bottom out in really rough conditions.

A stiffer spring or an added spring to your OEM suspension seat would certainly be less expensive than a new Grammar air ride seat.

The one thing that worries me. I've often thought about installing an air ride seat. With an air ride seat the "trip" would certainly be a lot easier on me. However, it would not be transmitting the true conditions - seat of the pants feeling - back to me. Many times it's that - seat of the pants feeling - that will let me know it's time to slow down and make the trip a tad less rough on the equipment also.