rounded bolt head-hydro drain plug

/ rounded bolt head-hydro drain plug #51  
no oring kit you could just pop a new one on and replace it with?

soundguy

/ rounded bolt head-hydro drain plug #52  
Most O-rings are pretty standard. Should find it in a hardware store selection.

/ rounded bolt head-hydro drain plug
no, the last time i opened a o-ring kit here it was so old (and almost full ) the o-rings had dry rotted so not using anymore of them than i do i didnt replace it, just got what i needed. i may buy another kit though, as for from anything as i live it would pay for itself in fuel with one use, think i'll pick one up tomorrow. thanks guys.

earl

/ rounded bolt head-hydro drain plug #54  
yep.. I keep about 3 different kits on hand. if I use 1 oring a year.. it's cheaper than driving each time I need one..

soundguy

/ rounded bolt head-hydro drain plug #55  
I've been lucky enough to nail two of these at two different garage sales (a buck or two a pop):

1278993029729_hz-myalibaba-web6_8621.jpg

Cant count the times they've saved me from an extra trip to town (I only go once ever two weeks).

ok, i got some o-rings, none identical to the original thanks to our freinds in JD engineering but our mechanics had a kit that had one God awful close, close enough i don't think it will try to roll anyway. i am waiting for my wifey to pick me up and as soon as i get home i am going to get the final touches finished up, top her off with hydro and i think i will be back in buisiness. i'm pretty confident the sump screen was the culprit, it looked like a pair of wool socks had exploded in the case. thanks to all and i hope to post good news later tonight or tomorrow.

earl.

/ rounded bolt head-hydro drain plug #57  
good luck

soundguy

i went to bed a happy guy last night!! i think she steers better than when i got her and i mowed until dark got me. i got a lot of catching up to do so its gonna be a fun weekend. i'll use just about every implement i got. i'll finish mowing and then i have a lot of harrowing and leveling to do, ditches to clean and some dirt hauling to fill in a trench line for irrigation to my crops. cant thank y'all enough.

happy tractoring to all.

earl.

/ rounded bolt head-hydro drain plug #59  
after dark i was still laying sod on some newly graded topsoil and sand that I put down to fix washouts.

soundguy