Row Hippers and Cultivator

/ Row Hippers and Cultivator
What trouble are you having?

Wasn't sure how to set the tines but I'm pretty sure I got it now. Didn't know if they should be closer to the tractor, or extended out. It's 2 adjustments on the times by "spinning" a part (don't know the name of it) on the "shank?" . One bolt does the adjustment.... I know I'm confusing you so I'll stop here.

I cultivated the corn and potatoes today. With the cultivator on there, you can sure tell how straight the rows are and how well it was planted...(lost some corn stalks).

Look at these 2 pictures... The 2 inner "tines" are sticking out the rear of the cultivator and the 2 "outside" tines are closer to the tractor... You can also see the 1 bolt that adjusts the tines for this setting, in the first picture...

Thanks

Attachments

• 100_0033.jpg
    100_0033.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 172
  • 100_0035.jpg
    100_0035.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 173
Ok, from what I've typed and by looking at the pictures, I've done confused myself! I think you get the idea of what I'm talking about though...

/ Row Hippers and Cultivator #74  
I'm not so sure it matters all that much if the outer row of shanks is closer or farther from the tractor (if I understand you correctly :)). The picture posted in my other post shows the shanks closest to the row, closer to the tractor. I read somewhere, that as the corn plant grows, you need to move the shanks away from the plant to keep from pulling it out by the roots. The stem is the part you rotate, by loosening one bolt, to swing the shank. The shank itself can also be adjusted. Am I on the right track, or muddying up the water? HTH. Mark

I'm not so sure it matters all that much if the outer row of shanks is closer or farther from the tractor (if I understand you correctly :)). The picture posted in my other post shows the shanks closest to the row, closer to the tractor. I read somewhere, that as the corn plant grows, you need to move the shanks away from the plant to keep from pulling it out by the roots. The stem is the part you rotate, by loosening one bolt, to swing the shank. The shank itself can also be adjusted. Am I on the right track, or muddying up the water? HTH. Mark

Sounds like you're right on track! Thanks!

Ok, I got everything set. It wasn't that tough to do at all, jut a little time consuming.