Row hippers

/ Row hippers #1  

Gary Fowler

Super Star Member
Tractor
2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010
I have been looking for some row hippers, the type with rolling disk blades, and only ones I have found were little one row things for SCUT tractors. Yesterday while talking to my sister, I asked her to look out for a two row set that someone might have left setting in the weeds some where. Today she called and said that there is a 4 row set at her son's place that has been setting for over 30 years and I could have them for free. I will make a trip down there to pick them up soon and see what all they need. Her son said he had bought some bearings to put in and started the job then quit so I suppose I might get two rows from them easily and have the other hipper sections for spare parts. It might be a month or so before I go pick them up.

/ Row hippers #2  
Sounds like a win. Especially with spare parts. Are you doing truck gardening?

/ Row hippers
No, just small family garden for wife and myself and brother/ sister in law. I want a hipper to use with my LS P7010 otherwise I would need to remove the backhoe from my B26 and put on the 3 PH each time I wanted to row up something. The wheels aren't adjustable at all on the B26 so rows would be 48" wide minimum. From what I have seen for sale, the one row hippers made from light gauge metal would likely bend if they hit a rock and I have found plenty of them from the new garden area.

/ Row hippers #4  
Once you pick them up I'd like to see some pictures...you know for imagination inspiration and design ideas. Thanks