rpking

/ rpking #1  

rpking

Tractor
JD 140
i'm looking into converting a jd 37a snowblower from belt drive to a hydraulic motor for my 71 jd 140.i'd like to run it off the tractors hydraulics but don't know a lot about hydraulics. my 140 is an h3the charge pump puts out 3gpm but the circuit flow rate is only 1.5 gpm. the blower runs at 950rpm.the charge pressure on the tractor is 75-110 psi. according to the formulas i'v seen online i would need a .356 cu. in. motor. what i need to know is will that motor run the snowblower & is that enough hydraulic pressure or flow rate to do the job. any ideas?

/ rpking #2  
I am by no means a hydraulics engineer but I would question wether the power unit itself would have the hp needed to run the appropriate pump/motor combo as well as power the machine. Maybe a hydraulic's expert will chime in here.

/ rpking
Thanks for the input. It's probably apples & oranges but i was thinking if the 140's could handle front end loaders and model 49 snowblowers which are bigger & 2 stage that it may work. The fact that noone else online has done it makes me doubt it. I only found 1 guy who had a snowblower ran by hydraulics on a 140 and i can't find it now but i remember he had a platform built on back for a big pump & tank. The blower was free & in good shape so i though why not give it a try. I've talked to people from hydraulic shops on the phone & nobody has been able to give me an answer.