RPM Gauge just stopped?

/ RPM Gauge just stopped? #1  

philshel

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti LK3054
Hi All,

Need a little help, perhaps from some of the dealers here. 2000 LK3054 with 141hrs. Loading some dirt today and the RPM gauge just quit. Do these use a cable or are they electronic? Is this a common problem? Anyone else had this happen? Any idea what the fix will be?

Thanks,
Phil Adkins

/ RPM Gauge just stopped? #2  
They are cable driven and most of the time it is the gear box mounted on the right front of the motor just in front of the injector pump. Unscrew the cable from the gear box and try to spin the cable by hand and watch the guage to see if it moves, if it does not move slide the cable out of the housing and inspect.
You can also look in the hole where you removed the cable fom the gear box and see if the shaft is spinning when the motor is running.

/ RPM Gauge just stopped? #3  
DK 35--- snapped about 2" up the cable at 250 Hrs. They will be glad to sell you a new one. bcs

/ RPM Gauge just stopped? #4  
Ya I would pull the cable out and inspect it. Most common problem is probably the cable. We always add a litte bit of a cable oil down the inside of the new tach cables, fixes all the problems we have had.

/ RPM Gauge just stopped?
Thanks guys, I will check the cable as soon as I get the chance. Been getting some serious seat time lately. My neighbor had a pad cut for a new shop. He now has about 300 yds of dirt to remove from his front yard. I’ve been helping myself to the tune of about 50 yrds so far, over the last two days.