RPM of 16HP Onan Engine on JD 316

/ RPM of 16HP Onan Engine on JD 316 #1  

duppa43

Does anyone have any idea about what the working RPM of this engine would be at full throttle???

I need to know so I can figure out a PTO ratio on my new tractor (so I can use my old snowblower on my new tractor)

any help would be greatly appriciated!!!!

/ RPM of 16HP Onan Engine on JD 316 #2  
Should be right around 3600 rpm..no load, probably 3400 full load. Just rough estimates!

Will

/ RPM of 16HP Onan Engine on JD 316
thanks for the reply, so I probably wont have enough speed from my 2100 rpm Mid PTO to run the snowblower efficently... what I am doing is using my old snowblower from my 316 (which was belt driven by the engine), and hooking it to my pto on my new 2520..

/ RPM of 16HP Onan Engine on JD 316 #4  
Could ya try playing with pulley sizes to get the right rpm :confused: .

Will

i am doing away with the pulleys on the old snowblower, and attaching directly to pto

/ RPM of 16HP Onan Engine on JD 316 #6  
The pulleys probably down speeded the blower. The mid pto may be too fast unless you throttle down.

the pulleys are exactly the same size, so snowblower was running at the same speed the engine was, right?

/ RPM of 16HP Onan Engine on JD 316 #8  
duppa43 said:
the pulleys are exactly the same size, so snowblower was running at the same speed the engine was, right?

yes, .

/ RPM of 16HP Onan Engine on JD 316 #9  
PTO generators ususally have this problem, with the generator head needing to be turned 1800 or 3600 rpm's. Look for a pto generator with a bad head and see if you can adapt that to work.
I don't see how a snow blower that was run at 3600 could possibly work at pto speeds, but it wouldn't work at either speed where I live.
David from jax

the snowblower has a chain and sprocket system that turns the blade, so if it doesn't run fast enough, I guess I could change a sprocket to make up the difference...