RPM

/ RPM #1  

Cleon cole

Tractor
2007 kioti DK40SE
I have a 2007 kioti DK40SE just started thise season when I was busy hogging it starts good and throttle works good but when I start busy hogging the rpms would drop and when I take my foot off the accelerator the rpms come back up it will run good until I put a load on it then the rpms start dogging down again.

/ RPM #2  
You may have a problem or no problem. Most implements running off the PTO "want" it set to 540 rpm. Do you know what speed your engine must be running to achieve 540 rpm at the PTO? Your engine should be running at that speed. Your ground speed will be controlled by the gear you select or how hard your press the pedal if you have HST. If the grass is too thick or too tall it can bog the tractor down. If that's the case you need to select a lower forward speed. Be sure your air cleaner is clear to ensure your tractor can breathe freely.

/ RPM #3  
IT'S BEEN MY EXPERIENCE THAT IF AN ENGINE RUNS OK, BUT BOGS UNDER A LOAD, IT'S USUALLY A FUEL FILTER PARTIALLY PLUGED, ALLOWING THE MOTOR TO RUN LOW ON FUEL WHEN UNDER A LOAD.

/ RPM #4  
Had the same problem with my CS2410, New fuel filter fixed the low power. Old filter was so pulged fuel would not drain out.