RTV 1100 for snow removal

/ RTV 1100 for snow removal #21  
I have used my RTV 1100 for snow removal up here in Canada's long winters for three seasons now. I also use my older Bx2660 tractor with snowblower. But I prefer the warm cab and quick work the RTV does. I have a 60 inch plow in the 2 inch receiver. So if 5 or 6 inches I use the RTV ...if more I use the Tractor with snowblower ( because I have it and it throws snow further ) I will comment however how it is unfair for some here at TBN to belittle the Rtv 1100 by comparing it to their 8ft truck plows.....of course bigger is better ! ...but the Rtv easily handles residential work and side walks and turns pretty tight. ( and is very good fuel mileage !!! )

/ RTV 1100 for snow removal
I have bigger plows for main roads
Wanted to use this for shorter driveways, wide walking paths.
Specifically thinking was that it would work better near garage doors? There痴 about 30 garage doors I have to clean in front of. The homes are on 1/4 acre lots, so the garage doors face the road, so there痴 no opportunity to plow along them, like a garage door turned 90 degrees to the driveway on BIG homes.

/ RTV 1100 for snow removal #23  
I have had an RTVX1130C for about a year. I got it last August and we had one of lowest snow totals ever in NW CT. The devil is in the details. I have a steep driveway with the road elevated from my garage. This means that my first pass is up hill in unplowed snow. I have the Boss 6-way plow. In our largest storm, a paltry 10 inches, I was able to get to the top struggling in powder conditions. A few days later with 5 inches of heavy wet snow I had to shovel to break through the berm the town plow had left at the top. I purchased chains for all the way around but only put them on the rears; it performed noticeably better. With a plow blade of appropriate size, power will not be an issue It will always be about traction to the ground. If my driveway was flat, I likely would not have discovered I needed chains until we had a normal snowfall year.

/ RTV 1100 for snow removal
Well gentlemen, those were some fantastic reviews and information.
I am hopelessly deadlocked between a RTV1100 with K connect system and a used Bobcat Toolcat.
The Toolcat will do everything I want and more, but a solid used unit will cost me 10-15k more than a NEW fully loaded RTV1100 with attachments.

However, your reviews have left me more educated. I think I can believe the RTV1100 CAN plow snow reasonably well in MY low-moderate snowfall region.

The Toolcat will walk up to the snow plowing capability of a low speed older 1/2 ton pickup truck, AND it has all the features of a skid steer, a side by side, AND can mow brush, fields and lawns.

If the RTV1100 could be equipped with a 48 front mount brush mower and a large area leaf blower on the K Connect system, I think I would buy one, but curiously, Kubota doesnt offer enough K connect attachments to make it versatile enough for MY needs.

No doubt, the RTV1100 is an awesome little machine for most of my needs.

I havent yet decided, but your real life experiences have been descriptive, believable and indispensable.

Thank You:thumbsup:

/ RTV 1100 for snow removal #25  
Anyone use their RTV for snow removal?
What, on a scale of 1-10, would you give its ability to push snow?
What limitations have you found for depth, wet snow, etc?
I know theres lots of factors here, but generally speaking, anyone who uses an RTV1100 for snow removal, Id like to hear your feedback.
Been pushing snow with my 2006 RTV 900 with 5 ft Curtis blade since new has 1000 hours on it.IMHO great for snow removal up to 1 ft plus.

Attachments

• Ford Truck 173.jpg
    Ford Truck 173.jpg
    306.5 KB · Views: 79