rtv 900 with 138 hours

/ rtv 900 with 138 hours #1  

Dongerosa

Bronze Member
Tractor
7510 bota...RTV 900
I have been hauling 55 gals of water from the river up a steep graded. In the beginning it would handle this in mid gear with no problem...however, in the Fall it was having in problem. It would almost stop foward motion. Anyone got ideas on what could be happening?:confused:

/ rtv 900 with 138 hours #2  
Was the 50 hour service done? I am not sure what would have changed other than maybe a plogged up hydraulic filter??

/ rtv 900 with 138 hours #3  
What variables changed? Bigger tires, low hydraulic fluid level, Used generic hydraulic fluid (My RTV seems to like the Super UTD better), linkage need adjusting? Maybe the sharp angle is starving the pump of fluid, on some dozer's working slopes you have to overfill the hydraulic tank.

/ rtv 900 with 138 hours #4  
If your running in dust check the air cleaner. Had that with mine.

/ rtv 900 with 138 hours #5  
I have been hauling 55 gals of water from the river up a steep graded. In the beginning it would handle this in mid gear with no problem...however, in the Fall it was having in problem. It would almost stop foward motion. Anyone got ideas on what could be happening?:confused:
Remove the spark arrestor in the muffler or clean it out.Check your owners manual how to do it.I believe it is supposed to cleaned at 50 hours.coobie

/ rtv 900 with 138 hours #6  
I went with the snorkel air filter setup and took off the spark arrester as they were both getting clogged too easy. Not a problem since and my power has definately increased along with my mileage.

/ rtv 900 with 138 hours #7  
I wonder what you find out. My RTV 900 has about 70 hours, and frankly the transmission feels week. I was trying to pull a downed tree today, and I would think in first gear I ought to be able to spin the tires if 4WD if I could not pull the tree. I had plenty of traction, the tree did not move, but the wheels didn't spin. It almost acts like the transmission does not build up enough pressure, or maybe the pressure relief valve is set too low? Anyone know how to check that? I would think I should almost be able to stall the motor if I have too much traction, but the motor just gets louder and the wheels do nothing. I've got two HST tractors, and the motor will stall before the transmission slips.

Wayne

/ rtv 900 with 138 hours #8  
Much has been said on this. But the first thing I would do is check the fuel filter. That alone will make a machine run weak. But, as already mentioned, the high rise filter, and the super UDT fluid needs to be in the machine. Replace with OEM Kubota filters, going cheap will not let the machine perform at best.
Remove the spark arrestor unless you are planning on running on goverment ground. I check mine under 20 hours, and the dern thing was so clogged up that I don't see how it even run. So I removed it all together. Cut the thing off and throw it !!!! You machine has to breathe to get the best performance !!!! As far as the pressure relief valve, you can check by putting the machine in gear, and giving a little fuel, and see if how much travel you have before it releases the pressure. I've only heard of one button being adjusted wrong ....

/ rtv 900 with 138 hours
Did the 50 hour service...but only oil & filer changes since. Lots of good suggestion...I'll do some checking.

All, thanks much!

/ rtv 900 with 138 hours #10  
I understand about diesel engines needing to breath, I've got several. This is not a horse power issue, it is a matter of the horse power it has not going to the wheels. I would think I should almost be able to stall that engine if the wheels won't spin, and that is not the case.

Changing the hyd fluid may help, but they don't call for that before 100 hours. Are you all changing your fluid early to put in the other stuff?

It still acts like it does not build up enough pressure in the trans, I ought to be able to spin the wheels or bog the heck out of the engine if I can't spin the wheels, and I can't.

Wayne