RTV hydraulic remote

/ RTV hydraulic remote #1  

Nwood

Looking to put a hydraulic winch on the RTV and don't know too much about hydraulic QD's. What should I specify to mate with the worksite hydraulic QD's?

FWIW i'll be using a milemarker hydraulic winch to do some light winching of firewood, rocks and small sawtimber. Yeah I know , not optimal, but I don't yet have a 4wd tractor to bolt a farmi to. Getting my feet wet on the cheap. If I stick with it, may be able to justify more equipment later.

winchesplus has one all ready to go with qd's and mounted on a 2" receiver. will have to put on some kind of adapter to go from 2" to 1"on the hitch.

4v2y0w1.jpg

Thanks.

Dean

/ RTV hydraulic remote #2  
Don't know much about the hydro winch, BUT, on electric winches, Warn & Ramsey, they are made to winch, not hook and drag, if you know what I mean. It's ok to winch something to you, but, on a electric winch, and this just might apply to the hydro winch as well. Don't winch something up to you, and then knock you RTV in gear and pull then with the machine and the winch still hooked up to your logs or something. It WILL mess up the winch !!!
I know, for I pulled against the winches before, and screwed them up. When I went to get it replaced or warranty work done, and told them what I did. The winch represenative told me that the winches are made to winch, not pull against the winch. This was an expensive lesson, TWICE !!!!
So, if you use it to winch something to you, pull it up to you with a the winch, disconnect the winch, and then tie on a chain and pull with the chain, not the winch cable !!!!

Just thought I'd throw this at you. ;)

/ RTV hydraulic remote
Just winching to trailside, not dragging from the winch.
Not too excited 'bout dragging with the RTV , universals don't look to be made for that type use. No sense causing $2 in damage for $1 worth of wood and $.50 of fun.

/ RTV hydraulic remote #4  
The Mile Marker winch is a good one. I have a 10,500 for the Bota tractor for winching and skidding logs. It should work well for intended purposes. Just don't chain the RTV to a tree for anchoring porposes. You will have to get some ends for the remotes. I have tow disabled cars with mine and dragged logs(small ones). The RTV is a real work horse.

/ RTV hydraulic remote #5  
Is it advisable to neck down a class II 2" to a class I 1 1/4" hitch? Will the aft hitch rated at 1300 lbs take the load of the hydrualic winch? I would like to get a rear mounted winch also but need some engineering help for the RTV1100.

thanks

/ RTV hydraulic remote #6  
I know of 2" to 1-1/4" adapters that are rated at 3500 lb, and 1-1/4" ball mounts also rated at 3500 lb. I suspect the 1300 lb you are referring to is the rated towing capacity of the RTV. If so, I believe that is more of a reflection on the drive train and expecting a long life out of it. What the hitch can take just standing still and a winch working on it would be completely different. I'd bet it's a lot more than 1300 lb.

/ RTV hydraulic remote #7  
Help me out. Where does one get the hydraulic source on a RTV? I have never seen it on any that I have had any dealings with. Thanks for any input. :) Maybe I'm thinking of the utility vehicles.
The Gotcha Man

/ RTV hydraulic remote #8  
The Worksite Utiltiy RTV's have hydraulic quick hook-up on the rear to run anything one wants. This came off the website ::::::::::::::::::

Talk about versatile, the RTV900 Worksite Utility and Turf Utility models are equipped to do just about anything. These vehicles represent the most capable within the RTV900 lineup, and combine innovative go-anywhere features with new upgrades and the exclusive do-anything Hydraulic Utility Valve. Break concrete, cut trees, drive posts, spread sand or salt and more by utilizing this powerful hydraulic valve. Start with the Worksite Utility or Turf Utility, then add on the implement of your choice to take on dozens of jobs.

I would imagine the Hydro-Winch would be included. But before I went that route, I'd check the fluid ratio on the winch, and the amount of fluid the RTV runs threw it's powerful hydraulic valve system ~~~~~
In other words, make sure the RTV/ Winch in compatible !!!!!

:confused:

Attachments

• 07_v6270.jpg
    07_v6270.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 156
   / RTV hydraulic remote #10  
How effective is that post driver in the picture?
Anyone use something like that?