Rubber style tire chains

/ Rubber style tire chains #11  
While I don't have personal experience with rubber chains, my neighbor uses them on his B9200 w/Turf tires and he is able to do everything my JD 750 does with metal chains and turf tires. These are very similar sized tractors with the same exact rear tire size.

The driveways in our area can be steep and deal with everything form light snow to ice to the occasional deep snow, so they seem very effective. He leaves his on year round and has worn through the rubber bars. With the cost of replacement bars it was about even with buying a new set. I think the 1st set lasted about 5 years or a bit longer.

He originally bought the rubber chains as they required less tire/fender clearance.

Advantage of rubber chains: ride quality, lighter weight making it easier to handle/install, less damage to driveways, requires less tire/fender clearance

Disadvantage: Durability if left on all the time, Cost more than some metal chains.

/ Rubber style tire chains #12  
Regular metal chains (without V-bars) will not harm the driveway in the winter unless you spin the tires.

/ Rubber style tire chains #13  
Since your yearly down hill trips are equal to your up hill trips...and you are only having trouble with your up hill trips in the winter time.... Just make the majority of your downhill trips in the winter and save the up hill ones for the nice summer weather... :)

/ Rubber style tire chains #14  
I don't see the advantage to rubber chains.

Steel chains won't tear up your concrete. And as said, if you spin your tires you can see scratch marks which are just surface. And not spinning the tires is your goal with chains.

Push snow going downhill and return empty in the real bad times. Otherwise you likely shouldn't have any problems.

I'd guess rubber chains are expensive to begin with, and have a short life.

For me, it is an easy call to make.