Running other stuff other than just backhoe off backhoe ports

/ Running other stuff other than just backhoe off backhoe ports #11  
Using the hydraulic flow that normally goes to the backhoe is exactly what I was thinking - and for the same reason you are.

I suppose you could use a manual diverter valve - sounds like something like this:

Surplus Center - 1/2" NPT 20 GPM DOUBLE SELECTOR VALVE

would do the trick. (look on SurplusCenter - there's other one's listed too - and I'm sure there's others available if you search the internet)

The electro-hydraulic diverter valves seem to be very reliable. They are used very commonly in all sorts of agricultural applications - and there's numerous threads here on TBN where people have used them and I don't recall anybody having any issues with them.

There's no reason I "have to" use the electric diverter valve for my application either I suppose. Given that the valve is going to be located just under the seat , I could use a manual valve and just reach under the seat to throw the handle.

Jim,

Thank you for your analysis. I'll report back when I hear what the dealer has in mind for me--I'd sure appreciate knowing of any developments on your end, as well.

Thanks again,

My Hoe

/ Running other stuff other than just backhoe off backhoe ports #12  
I dont really need a grapple out here but did want remotes for when the back hoe is off. I just plumbed a cheapo prince double stack to quick connects and plug it into the backhoe loop when the backhoe is off and it works fine for the cylander I got with the cheapo cement mixer, I use it for the box blade too. I just clip the valves off and on to the rops when I put it on and then it all is off most of the time as the backhoe is usually on.

/ Running other stuff other than just backhoe off backhoe ports #13  
tungularafishcamp said:
I dont really need a grapple out here but did want remotes for when the back hoe is off. I just plumbed a cheapo prince double stack to quick connects and plug it into the backhoe loop when the backhoe is off and it works fine for the cylander I got with the cheapo cement mixer, I use it for the box blade too. I just clip the valves off and on to the rops when I put it on and then it all is off most of the time as the backhoe is usually on.

Rick,

Sounds like you've found an efficient "work around" that suits your needs. Thank you for sharing--it's all "under review." LOL
----------------------------------

Jim,

I've given something you said (and I said) some further thought:

jim_wilson said:
There's no reason I "have to" use the electric diverter valve for my application either I suppose. Given that the valve is going to be located just under the seat , I could use a manual valve and just reach under the seat to throw the handle.

I was looking at the manual valve you linked to. All those port plugs are 1/2" and the shipping weight is 13 lbs. So that's a bigger device than I had envisioned. I got thinking about that being under your seat, (or mine) and having a Thermos/hatchet/whatever get kicked/cocked/shoved back under the seat, or wherever such a valve might be placed, and flipping it out of it's proper detent, and then having a sudden loss of hydraulic power where it was needed, under load.

I'm thinking that your first idea, an electric-over-hydraulic diverter valve, might be SAFER. Provided, of course, that it came with some whiz-bang cool, RED, "figher pilot" (arming twin, "roof-turret-mounted" .50 BMG's NOW!) type of hinged cover over it, so it too could not be accidentally actuated. (Hey--nobody said it couldn't be FUN, right? LOL) :laughing:

Did you have a particular electric diverter valve in mind, that you could link to for me and the assembled?

Thanks,

My Hoe

/ Running other stuff other than just backhoe off backhoe ports #14  
Rick,

Sounds like you've found an efficient "work around" that suits your needs. Thank you for sharing--it's all "under review." LOL
----------------------------------

Jim,

I've given something you said (and I said) some further thought:

I was looking at the manual valve you linked to. All those port plugs are 1/2" and the shipping weight is 13 lbs. So that's a bigger device than I had envisioned. I got thinking about that being under your seat, (or mine) and having a Thermos/hatchet/whatever get kicked/cocked/shoved back under the seat, or wherever such a valve might be placed, and flipping it out of it's proper detent, and then having a sudden loss of hydraulic power where it was needed, under load.

I'm thinking that your first idea, an electric-over-hydraulic diverter valve, might be SAFER. Provided, of course, that it came with some whiz-bang cool, RED, "figher pilot" (arming twin, "roof-turret-mounted" .50 BMG's NOW!) type of hinged cover over it, so it too could not be accidentally actuated. (Hey--nobody said it couldn't be FUN, right? LOL) :laughing:

Did you have a particular electric diverter valve in mind, that you could link to for me and the assembled?

Thanks,

My Hoe

I have thought of two electrically operated diverter valves - one is for sale at SurplusCenter:

Surplus Center - 12 VDC 13.2 GPM SAE 8 DOUBLE SELECTOR VALVE

I actually bought one of these - before I realized that it's pressure rating was 2500psi (my B3200 is currently set about 2150-2200 psi according to the pressure readings I took) - so I'm thinking that I should really be using something with a 3000psi + pressure rating in the B3200 hydraulic system - I'm pretty everything else is rated at around 3000 psi.

The size of the SurplusCenter valve though is pretty good - it's about 2 1/2" square and a little over 7" tall . That's a good size to be made to fit into the area under the seat on the B3200. It would need some custom bracketry and custom hydraulic lines and so forth - but I believe it could be made to fit without too much pain. My idea was to mount it in such a way that it is protected with some sort of sheetmetal mount/cover to both mount it to the tractor and protect it from getting whacked.

The other option - and I still have to look into this some more - is to use a Fasse valve. They make one that is very similar to the Surplus Center one I linked to - but I believe it's pressure rating is 3500psi or so. There's been a number of people here on TBN who have used the Fasse valves. Member "Artisan" has a thread for "BX25 Grappleomatic" where he mounted a Fasse valve on his FEL to control a bucket grapple. I've got to find a local dealer and see if there is a Fasse valve available to do what I would like to do. I'm not sure what the cost is of the Fasse valves either - I belive they're going to be more $$$ than the Surplus Center valve.