Running Problems

/ Running Problems #11  
schmalts said:
Take the fuel filter off, open the shut off valve and check for a good flow of fuel to run out of the filter line. If there is good flow chack for blockage past the filter, if no good flow, well you know what to do.

Well I hopefully have fixed my problem!!! I disconnected the supply hose into the filter assembly to check for flow...there was very little IMO. I also noticed when I went to close/open the shut off valve below the tank, the compression fitting between the tank and the valve was rather loose. I am surprised it was not leaking fuel at this point. I snugged up the fittings at the valve, blew some air through the hose and re-installed the hose. This time the flow was much better. I do not know if it was an air leak causing the lack of flow or if something was blocking the flow, but either way there was a noticeable difference in flow through the hose.

I bush hogged for close to an hour last night and it ran great, once I got it started (I realized I did not open the shut off valve, no wonder it wouldn't start...oops). Hopefully all is well, although it was 75F vs 95F when it last acted up. Of course, the fields were pretty moist after the rain the past couple of days and dew had started to set in too (did it from 9pm-10pm), so it was under a load for sure (it was so thick in spots, the slip clutch kicked in).

Thanks again for all the help, from everyone!!! Hopefully this can help fancherf and his tractor.

/ Running Problems
I just wanted to let everybody know that I will try all these suggestions this weekend. I will let you all know what the outcome is.

/ Running Problems
For all of those in suspense, I tried everything listed. I was able to get it running for about an hour and a half. I am waiting on a new fuel switch and sediment bowl to arrive. A torn screen in the tank led me to want to replace this part. From there I will blow all of my hoses out in reverse order. Sorry for the lat response on the update, I have been away from the computer. Again thank all for all of your help, at least I was able to cut some of the jungle.

/ Running Problems
Well, after a grueling month the tractor is running like a top. It turns out that the fuel valve and the sediment bowl were the problem. Thanks to you all I have learn a lot of new tricks for the future....Thanks to everyone who posted a reply.