rural king pto generator

/ rural king pto generator #11  
Got a buddy thats got one similar. He said he was going through about 30-40 gallons of fuel a day with his in a 60 hp tractor. Said you have to keep the tractor at pto speed or when the a big appliance kicked on it would bog down and kill the tractor... I was really wanting one until I talked to him... That's alot of $$$$$ in an extended outage!

/ rural king pto generator #12  
30-40g per day? wow! sure sounds like a 60hp load on a full day.

did he need that much power? sounds almost like he had to have a 24-30kw genny to utilize that much pto hp / fuel. I know my 12.5kw genny running on an old 55 gasser fored.. when an appliance kicks in so does the governor.. no big deal on a 33hp tractor. the few times I've run it on my 70hp old 1975 ford 5000 diesel.. i've never even heard the engine rpm change from full load to 0 load... handled it fine.. that was 67 pto hp available.. and a big flywheel mass due to the engine and trans.

soundguy

/ rural king pto generator #13  
I'd also add that I have run it with a 48hp gasser as well.. and it was eating a whole in my pocket! don't like to run them bigger gassers for extended times. they get huuuuungry!

soundguy

/ rural king pto generator #16  
you to to love the random new 1st posts!

/ rural king pto generator #17  
After our last outage of 8 days I got a rural king 15000 and running it with my 770jd, running the whole house couldnt even tell when hot water heater kicked on. It does a fine job.