Rural Living Adaptation of a City Dweller

/ Rural Living Adaptation of a City Dweller #51  
That's a tough row to hoe Doc.

Just be thankfull you live in these here United States of America.

When it's obvious that two parties can't have a meaningfull discussion we have the option of inviting others to do the talking for us.

I'd be talking to some lawyers right now if I was you.

Of course it's obvious you aren't as emotionally charged a battery as I am. By now I'm sure I would have set up an identical set up facing his direction. And of course the last thing I'd want him to know is about my service in the Army. The effect would be multiplied many times over by my antics with a weapon. I'm sure a little pantomine with blanks fired into the ground and air as I was attempting to load would make him feel real comfortable with the situation.

He would be the one calling the local gendarmes for relief first, guaranteed.

Few things illuminate our foolishness better than a mirror.

/ Rural Living Adaptation of a City Dweller #52  
That's too bad he had to be like that. I think you're pretty justified now in whatever you do. I just can't believe a guy trys to work out a dispute and the other guy is just a jerk.

/ Rural Living Adaptation of a City Dweller #53  
<font color=blue>He states that he and his friends "never miss the target"</font color=blue>

Great! It's obvious that you haven't seen the rest of the crew yet! I'll bet you just can't wait till he has a turkey shoot some day soon./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

/ Rural Living Adaptation of a City Dweller #54  
Well, at least you can go to sleep knowing you did the right thing and that you probably have the respect of a few hundred people here at TBN. Now take the legal angle, but remain on the high road. No bad words in front of or behind the jerk er... fellow. It only brings you down to his level. Hang in there. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Rural Living Adaptation of a City Dweller #55  
Doc,

Too bad the shooting in the other direction logic work, but stupid is a stupid does. Too bad, I guess you just need to chase his rabbits away by mowing the tall grass. /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif Well, before you go and get the law, there maybe another option: have the women folk talk to each other. Yeah, I know. it's getting a woman to fight your battles, but trouble from the wife can have a lot more influence than a visit from the sheriff.

/ Rural Living Adaptation of a City Dweller #56  
Now that's just fightin' dirty... /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

I'm surprised no one else thought of that! Good suggestion.

/ Rural Living Adaptation of a City Dweller #57  
Remember what I said about mutual respect in my previous post? When you aren't given it, you need to get it. Otherwise it probably won't stop there.

It sounds like you had a decent, polite conversation with him. You advised him what your next move will be. Sounds like you're on the right track.