Rust oleum farm implement paint

/ Rust oleum farm implement paint #1  

Brady D

Silver Member
Tractor
Ford 1910, Case farmall 95, John Deere 317g
Has anyone used any Ford blue rust oleum farm implement paint I’m wanting to repaint my tractor and I’m wonder if it’s worth using

/ Rust oleum farm implement paint #2  
I used Rust Oleum's Kubota orange. I found it to flow nicely. Coverage was good, but required 2 coats on a safety yellow original color that I was covering over. I think the Rust Oleum IMPLEMENT paint has provided a stronger finish that other (for metal) paints I have used.

/ Rust oleum farm implement paint #3  
Ive sprayed Rust-Oleum primer then flat black Rust-Oleum tractor implement spray on a trailer after I rebuilt it used a cheap hvlp sprayer. It's looks good for my usage and is in good shape several years later. I believe I used acetone to thin the primer and mineral spirits to thin the actual paint.

/ Rust oleum farm implement paint
I used Rust Oleum's Kubota orange. I found it to flow nicely. Coverage was good, but required 2 coats on a safety yellow original color that I was covering over. I think the Rust Oleum IMPLEMENT paint has provided a stronger finish that other (for metal) paints I have used.
Ive used some of the spray cans on a few small parts and I’m really pleased with it

/ Rust oleum farm implement paint #5  
I like it, though haven't used the Ford blue itself. When I need to tough up Deere yellow and green after fab work, it looks better than the master match for that type of thing. I bought a bucket of blue Rustoleum for mine.

Ive sprayed Rust-Oleum primer then flat black Rust-Oleum tractor implement spray on a trailer after I rebuilt it used a cheap hvlp sprayer. It's looks good for my usage and is in good shape several years later. I believe I used acetone to thin the primer and mineral spirits to thin the actual paint.
It’s good to hear that it holds up can’t wait to get the shine back on my Ford

/ Rust oleum farm implement paint #7  
It’s good to hear that it holds up can’t wait to get the shine back on my Ford
I use Rust-Oleum tractor implement on all my projects and equipment, for the price, durability, and selection of colors it works pretty good even if I have to rattle can it. I do prep everything pretty good with a wire wheel, blow gun and wipe it down with acetone. Good luck

I use Rust-Oleum tractor implement on all my projects and equipment, for the price, durability, and selection of colors it works pretty good even if I have to rattle can it. I do prep everything pretty good with a wire wheel, blow gun and wipe it down with acetone. Good luck
Thanks for the help I appreciate it

/ Rust oleum farm implement paint #9  
I used some brand of lead based Barn Red on a couple of my out buildings in 1982. That was 40 years ago and they still look acceptable. This picture shows full sun exposure and - basically - no sun exposure.

IMG_0001.jpeg

/ Rust oleum farm implement paint #10  
It doesn't match the factory blue color I got from New Holland. The factory color has a slight tint of green when compared side-by-side. If your doing the whole tractor, It's not going to mater though. If you're touching up, there will be a noticeable difference.

Also note the "Ford Blue" changed color in 1999 and is different than following years.

I bought a gallon for overall coverage. The factory paint (New Holland) is really good stuff and you can add acrylic compatible hardener, if you want. Use the "wet-look" hardener for the sheet metal. There's a huge difference in the shine. I used an automotive grade acrylic "bright white" for the fenders since I already had it.

This is one of the factory color rattle cans I got for doing spot painting and parts I had removed from the tractor. I bought a few rattle cans so I wouldn't have to mix paint from the gallon can. Oh yeah, use Xylene to thin the paint from the cans up to about 5%. Then add 8-to1 hardener.

20200927_111136.jpg