RX6010 Fuel filter assembly issue?

/ RX6010 Fuel filter assembly issue? #1  

bahana1

Tractor
Kioti RX 6010
Good morning!

I have tried to get an answer from previous posts to avoid putting people to bother repeating previous content! However, having tried a number of things, I still have the following issue.
Tractor starts and runs no problem but after a while, particularly under work, loses power and struggles to run at all. I had planned a service but just before doing it, I found fuel leaks (split at the nipple end) in both hoses (lines) from the fuel filter. I repaired those, checked the rest of the lines, replaced the filter and made sure no blockage back to fuel tank. Still have the issue. Mechanic friend looked at it and is convinced its the Fuel Filter Housing Unit as all else seems ok . I replaced that Assembly (housing) two years ago. Still only 700 hours on tractor. The primer (at the top of the housing) usually stiffens after a few pushes but at the moment it does not. It has resistance but not what I would expect. Is there something else I can do? I have ordered a new housing unit but that will take days to get here. Many thanks to all.

/ RX6010 Fuel filter assembly issue? #2  
Have you checked for blockages such as trash or even a bug in the fuel tank outlet?

/ RX6010 Fuel filter assembly issue?
Clear but thanks

/ RX6010 Fuel filter assembly issue? #4  
So when it shuts down check to see if the filter is full of fuel, if not I would look for a leak on the suction side between the filter housing and the tank.

Randall

Thanks Randall,

Have chased that line back to tank and with the exception of the split I found at the start and cut out of the top of the line/hose, it's ok. The fuel pump primer was depressed the last time it cut out and when I opened the air vent thumb screw it immediately returned to top position and I then reprimed and got it going again. It has run for around an hour now without a hitch but still intend to replace the housing unit. Mark

/ RX6010 Fuel filter assembly issue? #6  
Did you get this figured out? I have a RX6010C that I had to replace the fuel filter assembly on as something was causing it to have the same symptoms as yours.

Did you get this figured out? I have a RX6010C that I had to replace the fuel filter assembly on as something was causing it to have the same symptoms as yours.

I did indeed and no problem since. However, i found the smallest pinhole in one of the hoses and when i cut that out the problem disappeared instantly. I had obviously pinched it by overtightening the jubilee clip. Immediately, pumping the filter brought resistance and everything was good. I now have a spare assembly and filter to hand!

Good tractor and hope you find the same.

Best wishes.
Mark