RX7320 FEL Curl Cylinders - L&R different movement rate

/ RX7320 FEL Curl Cylinders - L&R different movement rate #1  

Newfiestang50

Bronze Member
Folks, I have a new RX7320 with FEL. Only 15 hrs on the tractor and just removed the front bucket for the first time to install my pallet forks and having an issue where the skidsteer attachment plates are not positioned the same on each side during curl travel. In other words the left plate is slightly out of sync with the right plate. What i am noticing is that when functioning the curl motion the left curl cylinder always seems to start moving before right, thus the two skidsteer mounting plates are at different positions throughout the stroke. If i let them go full cycle until they reach the stops the left will stop first and the right will then follow. They will then line up but never when in partial stroke. This is making it very difficult to mount up to different attachments.

Anyone got a suggestion as to the cause. I know i have warranty but the dealer is 2 hrs away. Rather fix myself if something simple. Im thinking this could be a restriction in the right side hydraulic line impeding flow....could this be the cause? Looked all over the FEL for signs of stress or some damage but cant see anything.

Any help appreciated. PFA

Attachments

• 251999221_429740678740172_7171187496668896852_n.jpg
    251999221_429740678740172_7171187496668896852_n.jpg
    704.8 KB · Views: 77
   / RX7320 FEL Curl Cylinders - L&R different movement rate #2  
Are you speaking of when the two cylinders have no load or mechanism to tie them together?

/ RX7320 FEL Curl Cylinders - L&R different movement rate #3  
There should be a crossmember tied both left and right plates together to avoid that. If the plates move independently of each other, the crossmember maybe broken. Take a closer look and make sure it's not broken.

Also, it's not uncommon for the crossmember to twist if one side pops out of the attachment.

/ RX7320 FEL Curl Cylinders - L&R different movement rate #4  
One of my son's friends had a similar problem with a small used dozer he bought. A right side cylinder was always lagging behind the left side cylinder. They brought it to me because I know a little about this stuff. After all the obvious stuff was ruled out I had my son swap the hoses to the cylinders. The problem swapped too. The problem, which was as I suspected, because of some new hoses. One hose fitting had been over crimped which restricted the flow through that hose. This caused the lagging cylinder. It would always catch up after the other cylinder had stopped moving so I suspected some sort of hydraulic impediment instead of a mechanical problem. Anyway, I hope this helps.
Eric

/ RX7320 FEL Curl Cylinders - L&R different movement rate
Are you speaking of when the two cylinders have no load or mechanism to tie them together?
There is a round tube that connects both together, its not broke but it does come under some strain when one plate starts moving before the other.

There should be a crossmember tied both left and right plates together to avoid that. If the plates move independently of each other, the crossmember maybe broken. Take a closer look and make sure it's not broken.

Also, it's not uncommon for the crossmember to twist if one side pops out of the attachment.
There is a round tube that connects both together, its not broke but it does come under some strain when one plate starts moving before the other.

One of my son's friends had a similar problem with a small used dozer he bought. A right side cylinder was always lagging behind the left side cylinder. They brought it to me because I know a little about this stuff. After all the obvious stuff was ruled out I had my son swap the hoses to the cylinders. The problem swapped too. The problem, which was as I suspected, because of some new hoses. One hose fitting had been over crimped which restricted the flow through that hose. This caused the lagging cylinder. It would always catch up after the other cylinder had stopped moving so I suspected some sort of hydraulic impediment instead of a mechanical problem. Anyway, I hope this helps.
Eric
This sounds like it could be my issue, ill do plan on inspecting hoses and connections.
thanks

/ RX7320 FEL Curl Cylinders - L&R different movement rate #8  
Have you tried feathering the valve to let the cylinders move slowly? This might indicate a restriction in one of the hoses if the slow flow allows the cylinders to stay in sync.

/ RX7320 FEL Curl Cylinders - L&R different movement rate #9  
I wonder if the pivot pin on one side is tight?

Have you tried feathering the valve to let the cylinders move slowly? This might indicate a restriction in one of the hoses if the slow flow allows the cylinders to stay in sync.
Havent tried that but i will. Thanks