RZT 50 Trans Locked

/ RZT 50 Trans Locked #1  

Regaj

Tractor
Kubota B3300SU
Was mowing with my circa-2003 RZT 50 a couple days ago when all of a sudden the left bar, pushed forward, stopped steering. The mower now only responds to the right-hand control. Which means the mower will only go in a circle.

I'm not trying to diagnose the problem itself so much as understand how I can freewheel the transmission so the mower can be pushed or dragged. Pushing the bars apart, which nominally should put it in 'neutral,' does not actually free up the transmission. Both rear drive wheels remain locked.

Any idea on how to get the mower in a proper neutral (engine off) so I can move the thing?

TIA...

Jeff

/ RZT 50 Trans Locked #2  
Near the rear of the deck and upwards on each side, you should find an L-shaped rod that passes thru a keyhole in the metal plate - lift up and pull forward, then down. This should "bypass" that drive motor/pump. Repeat on the other side and you're in as much "neutral" as you're gonna get.

Word of warning - even then, you'll probably need either a helper to push/pull, or a comealong. I had to move mine about 40 feet a few years ago, and ended up (alone) using a long chain and moving the comealong to different links til I got it pulled where I needed... Steve

/ RZT 50 Trans Locked
Thanks, Bukit!