S470D Buck Clutch Problem

/ S470D Buck Clutch Problem #11  
P.S.: There is a small latch down on the left side on the clutch linkage that you can flip the latch while holding the clutch pedal down. The latch will hold the pedal down for you. This is what SG means when he says block the clutch.

/ S470D Buck Clutch Problem
Thanks, have had it blocked now for over a week. Squirted PB blaster in the drain plug hole. Drove it around in 8's and stomped on brakes. Don't have anything to put on the pto yet (need to get it running right first, before start looking). The instruction manual isn't much help on splitting. How far does the engine move forward after splitting, and that is enough to change out the clutch and pressure plate. See some threads on splitting, anyone have one they prefer? Thanks All for the input. Maybe will try removing the starter before splitting.

/ S470D Buck Clutch Problem #13  
Here is a thread from when i split my 372.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/mitsubishi-satoh/217821-time-clutch-mt372d.html?highlight=

The engine with flywheel assembly will move forward as much as you want. It will likely be rolling on your front axle and floor jack. Make sure you have lots of cribbing and jack stands, and probably at least 2 floor jacks. It isn't as hard as it seems, once you start looking at it you will see what systems cross the plane of separation that will split the front half from the back half. A manual will most likely help...mine was missing some pages though. If you can do it on concrete that will facilitate rolling the parts around.

/ S470D Buck Clutch Problem #14  
"..Squirted PB blaster in the drain plug hole..."

Probably not a good idea to get oil on the clutch disc, if you can avoid it. But if you are going to split, you might as well replace/reline the disc anyway.

/ S470D Buck Clutch Problem
Thanks guys for you input. Took me most of the day to split and replace clutch and bearings. But an interesting project. Hopefully don't have to do this again real soon. :) Will attach some pics if I can figure out how.

Attachments

• IMGP0023.jpg
    IMGP0023.jpg
    723.2 KB · Views: 178
  • Old Clutch.jpg
    Old Clutch.jpg
    415 KB · Views: 127
  • Rusty Flywheel.jpg
    Rusty Flywheel.jpg
    735.6 KB · Views: 168
  • Tractor Split.jpg
    Tractor Split.jpg
    789.6 KB · Views: 180
  • Thrust Bearing.jpg
    Thrust Bearing.jpg
    363.1 KB · Views: 135
  • Alignment Tool.jpg
    Alignment Tool.jpg
    356.2 KB · Views: 128
  • Finished Product.jpg
    Finished Product.jpg
    621.2 KB · Views: 161
   / S470D Buck Clutch Problem #16  
Boy, that was a lot of rust. Glad you got it done.

/ S470D Buck Clutch Problem #17  
Yeah looks like you made the right call...bet it works good now.

/ S470D Buck Clutch Problem #18  
I am assuming that the collection of sockets/extensions is your alignment tool.

Did you have the flywheel resurfaced?