S650g battery

/ S650g battery #1  

ShelleyJ

Tractor
Satoh S650g
The tractor is a project I'd like to start working on, but first I need a battery. The parts manual says battery size is N40L, 40AH. The local parts stores can't find any such thing. When I Google it, I get a lot of batteries that appear to be for kids cars, and foreign websites. Can somebody with an S650g tell me what battery I need?

/ S650g battery #2  
The tractor is a project I'd like to start working on, but first I need a battery. The parts manual says battery size is N40L, 40AH. The local parts stores can't find any such thing. When I Google it, I get a lot of batteries that appear to be for kids cars, and foreign websites. Can somebody with an S650g tell me what battery I need?
40Ah battery would fit in the palm of my hand, it's sooooo tiny.

Now for the N40 and N40L size,
1680133583348.png

The size is in mm as LxWxH and TH. 237x127x200x220 in metric
For American English size, 9-3/8 x 5 x 7-7/8 and with the posts sticking up, the Total Height is 8.66 inches.
From the image you can see the neg/pos posts locations.

Now with all this info look up the US battery sizes to match it.

The lawn and garden tractor group-22NF 12VDC battery is the closest size to fit to a N40L size.

See if it would fit in the spot on the tractor.

Last edited:
   / S650g battery
I found a 24L one-year battery for 1/2 the price as a 22NF. Since I have no idea what is wrong with the tractor, an inexpensive battery would be nice just for testing. For that matter, I guess I could borrow the battery out of my Toyota , as long as I can safely secure it somehow? (The tractor was left to me and I don't have much experience working on them, so I apologize if my questions seem dumb, lol.)

/ S650g battery #4  
Sounds like a practical solution.