SA425 (should be all models) PTO Switch Snapped off!!!!

/ SA425 (should be all models) PTO Switch Snapped off!!!! #1  

Dundertaker

Tractor
Yanmar SA 425
If you wear painter pants with a Hammer Loop...it could snap off your PTO Switch when you jump out of the cockpit. Ask me how I know!!! So the original switch says "DELTA 6204" There were no exact examples that I could find for sale easily. Amazon had similar switches from JEENDA and a company called HD. I ordered the HD first. It said it was a "10AMP vs 5 AMP switch" and for $5 more it looked more substantial. The PINS were not as shown online. To COM A line didn't have the SPLIT pins, but they were the "BLANK MIDDLE SIDE" verse "SIDE BLANK SIDE" Configuration. The FEMALE plug has a solid center so this would not insert in the harness. I'd assume it's the same functionally, but it went back. This JEENDA was $14.99 and is as good as the OEM. Set in the knockout and give it a firm WACK and she's installed. I saw some people say they had to hog out the slot because it was too tight, etc...and I think they just didn't give it a firm press. So here is a solution that is less than $ the Dealer will probably charge and faster. My YANMAR Dealer is very new and has no parts department (which I knew going in). Hope this helps someone should they have the same problem: Link to Amazon as of 4/23 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08CVD4B7S?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
IMG_3811.jpeg
IMG_3812.jpeg
IMG_3810.jpeg
IMG_3807.jpeg

/ SA425 (should be all models) PTO Switch Snapped off!!!! #2  
Good to know, thanks. I don't have painter pants but I could see myself finding a way to break that off. I broke off the knob that controls the speed of your 3pt. arms, on my Massey GC2400, a few years ago with my size 12s.

/ SA425 (should be all models) PTO Switch Snapped off!!!!
It was a real eye opener as to the number of "sticky outie" parts on the left side of the cockpit. #beware 😜😜😜

/ SA425 (should be all models) PTO Switch Snapped off!!!! #4  
Ouch! Good to see you found an affordable fix.

/ SA425 (should be all models) PTO Switch Snapped off!!!! #7  
I would have tried some epoxy to glue
the thing back together again.

willy

I would have tried some epoxy to glue
the thing back together again.

willy
I'm sure it would have worked....for about 1 PULL...LOL. Or I could have glued it into the DOWN position permanently. But hey...your results may vary.