Sad state of affairs; seeking another forum

/ Sad state of affairs; seeking another forum #11  
I have let the smoke out of a couple of computers. I have never been able to get it back in. If anyone has an answer please respond ASAP. Never thought about trying chicken soup. Was that pre-mix or in the can?

If it was smoke, it would be an easy fix. But, it is not smoke, it EEE.
EEE stands for Essential Electrical Ether. No device runs correctly without it, and that is why it is considered essential.

/ Sad state of affairs; seeking another forum #12  
As you know some replies are quicker than others..patients,same as understand your tractor. ;)

/ Sad state of affairs; seeking another forum #13  
Is the vented fuel cap allowing air into the tank as the fuel is consumed? Run the mower until it dies, open the fuel cap. Is there a vacuum in the tank?

Aspirin will not cure the virus, antibiotics might.

/ Sad state of affairs; seeking another forum #14  
Sad state of affairs; seeking another forum
If you go over to MTF, they will tell you that you need the next bigger size tractor:laughing::laughing:

/ Sad state of affairs; seeking another forum #15  
If you aren't happy here MTF may help and for sure a bigger tractor would help. Most JD dealers have mechanics who know their stuff. They may be able to get your machine fixed up.

Chris

/ Sad state of affairs; seeking another forum #16  
Is the vented fuel cap allowing air into the tank as the fuel is consumed? Run the mower until it dies, open the fuel cap. Is there a vacuum in the tank?

I second the fuel cap. I tried everything on my gas engine and a simple gas cap chang-out fixed it.

/ Sad state of affairs; seeking another forum #17  
How about removing the gas cap altogether and use a rag to keep from getting dust into the tank?

/ Sad state of affairs; seeking another forum #18  
Now that sounds mickey mouse:eek::eek:

/ Sad state of affairs; seeking another forum #19  
May or may not help. Last time I mowed with my JD 285 it started dying after about an hour of use. I thought vapor lock, let it cool down and tried again. Only got worst. Acted like it was not getting gas. I pulled the fuel fiter and gas just dripped out the tank side line. I used compressed air to back blow the line. That fixed it. I am sure in 22 years of use dirt did get in the tank.

I am just surprised the line plugged and not the fuel filter.

/ Sad state of affairs; seeking another forum #20  
May or may not help. Last time I mowed with my JD 285 it started dying after about an hour of use. I thought vapor lock, let it cool down and tried again. Only got worst. Acted like it was not getting gas. I pulled the fuel fiter and gas just dripped out the tank side line. I used compressed air to back blow the line. That fixed it. I am sure in 22 years of use dirt did get in the tank.

I am just surprised the line plugged and not the fuel filter.
had a friend with a gt245 that had to do this - crap that came out looked like jelly rope in the fuel line- has happened to him twice so there is crud in the tank -this fixed his prob