SAE 90 or Super UDT for front axle case

/ SAE 90 or Super UDT for front axle case #1  

Stef

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B3030 TLB, TYM 330
Hi, I wonder if one is better than the other for the front axle case (or any other gear box in general). I searched the website but found nearly nothing about that topic. In the owner's manual it says: SAE 90 gear oil or Super UDT fluid. Personally I'd go with SAE 90 for any gear box (front axle case, mower, tiller, snowblower gear box, etc.) but I'd like to have your opinions about that guys. Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Attachments

• 897504-P43.jpg
    897504-P43.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 418
   / SAE 90 or Super UDT for front axle case
Hi, I wonder if one is better than the other for the front axle case (or any other gear box in general). I searched the website but found nearly nothing about that topic. In the owner's manual it says: SAE 90 gear oil or Super UDT fluid. Personally I'd go with SAE 90 for any gear box (front axle case, mower, tiller, snowblower gear box, etc.) but I'd like to have your opinions about that guys. Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ SAE 90 or Super UDT for front axle case #3  
Hi Stef…
I think Kubota feels that the fluid in the hydro/trans is able to perform under the high pressure at the gears in the transmission so should be able to do the same in the front axle… I think they have given the choice between the two for a long time, My 1998 L4200 has the same type choice…
I think you would get better lube in cold country with the hydro/trans oil. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif KennyV.

/ SAE 90 or Super UDT for front axle case #4  
Hi Stef…
I think Kubota feels that the fluid in the hydro/trans is able to perform under the high pressure at the gears in the transmission so should be able to do the same in the front axle… I think they have given the choice between the two for a long time, My 1998 L4200 has the same type choice…
I think you would get better lube in cold country with the hydro/trans oil. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif KennyV.

/ SAE 90 or Super UDT for front axle case #5  
I changed over to the gear oil when i did my 50 hour service. We have always used gear oil up front with no issues.

/ SAE 90 or Super UDT for front axle case #6  
I changed over to the gear oil when i did my 50 hour service. We have always used gear oil up front with no issues.

/ SAE 90 or Super UDT for front axle case #7  
Stef,

Use the SUDT. The load on the front is not that great and the winter benefit is tremendous.

jb

/ SAE 90 or Super UDT for front axle case #8  
Stef,

Use the SUDT. The load on the front is not that great and the winter benefit is tremendous.

jb

/ SAE 90 or Super UDT for front axle case #9  
We've been using Super UDT for years in all the front axles, no problems.

/ SAE 90 or Super UDT for front axle case #10  
We've been using Super UDT for years in all the front axles, no problems.