Safe way to change a belt on RCK60 deck on BX25

/ Safe way to change a belt on RCK60 deck on BX25
That's a clever idea!
As far as getting the deck in or out from under the tractor, I bought 4 of these to put under each anti-scalp wheel. Makes it so I can move the deck in any direction to line it up and not have to swivel the wheels. The cups in the casters fit the deck wheels just right. I drive the BX up onto a couple 2x8s to gain another 1.5" of height. A 2" thick board would be even better. Usually when mowing, I have the loader off, so can't just raise the front with the FEL always.

Shop Waxman 1-1/4-in Plastic Swivel Caster at Lowes.com

I will have to investigate that one too next time I have it out. That would seem to be fairly straight forward.
Just wedge a board against the idler and stretch the spring and start it on the far pulley and roll it on as I spin the pulley around.

David

/ Safe way to change a belt on RCK60 deck on BX25 #13  
Not on this deck but on my 0turn, I used a rachet strap on the spring pulley.

This would seem to be the easiest way assuming there is a way to attach it without it coming loose under tension. The deck is now under the tractor so I cant try this. Tanks!
Not on this deck but on my 0turn, I used a rachet strap on the spring pulley.

/ Safe way to change a belt on RCK60 deck on BX25 #15  
The brake spring pliers work - I put a 1/4 inch bolt in the drain hole that is 2 inches "outbound" from the hook that the spring attaches to to anchor the end of the pliers. Leave the bolt half an inch above the deck so you can get a purchase with the pliers.

The brake spring pliers work - I put a 1/4 inch bolt in the drain hole that is 2 inches "outbound" from the hook that the spring attaches to to anchor the end of the pliers. Leave the bolt half an inch above the deck so you can get a purchase with the pliers.

Great approach. This is going to be a great thread to come back to some day!