/ Safety Boots #11  
there are alternate to "steel toes"

I look for the composite toe's

t\red wing call's it Tech toe

2235.jpg

Red Wing Shoes

tom

/ Safety Boots #12  
At this moment, there are three pairs of safety boots in the back of my truck. A new pair of "Ground Effects" boots that I'm not sure I like yet. A six year old pair of "Grebs" for working in messy conditions. And, a pair of rubber safety boots for messier conditions. I'm actually considering purchase of a pair of safety sneakers for indoor work.

All three pair of boots have composite toe & sole. The Grebs & the new ones are both sized such that I can wear wool sock in them. The lace-up boots have gel soles in them & there are two extra sets of gels in the truck.

I tend to do widely varying jobs.

Every job I go out on requires safety boots.

Just makes sense to me...

/ Safety Boots #13  
I have some Timberland boots that I bought nearly 10 years ago, that are still holding up. The seams are still intact, no separation of the soles from the boot, etc. They need some cushioned insoles but I have a difficult time being critical of them considering they have paid for themselves over and over again! I think my next ones will be the composite toe, if I ever need another pair of boots again, that is...

Nothing beats a good pair of work boots.

/ Safety Boots #14  
one of my best pair of workboots is a set of military surplus boots. black leather, water proof, kevlar insole, and safety toe. paid 10$ for them.. as long as I keep polish on them they look new.

soundguy

/ Safety Boots #15  
This is what I wear.
Lawn Grips - Because its your turf.

Working around water a lot mud, wet brass, etc, the way they have rubber up the sides helps. Also the steel toe is a must.

The sole is what they are known for:

LawnGrips footwear makes landscaping, mowing and all other outdoor work safer, easier and more comfortable. Our patented Grip-N-Go outsole provides great traction on freshly cut grass while easily shedding mud and clippings. The protective steel toe keeps your toes safe while the molded rubber overcoat keeps them dry. And with an upper made of double-stitched, water resistant, full-grain leather, LawnGrips are tough and long-lasting.

/ Safety Boots #16  
I have on Red wing's Worx--right now. We are required to wear them at work, they will help pay for them. The requirement is for them to be Composite toes, which is not metal. They are not nearly as cold as the steel toe boot I have been wearing.About $85.00 a pair.Btw nails thru the bottom of the foot hurts quite a bit, as I remember being a kid.Jy

/ Safety Boots #17  
I wear steel toed boots from Wal Mart. They work good and fit OK. I put water proofer on them and they shed water nicely.

The main problem I had was, I worked a lot on my knees (yes I wear knee pads) on top of concrete sidewalks (I was doing irrigation work) and the tops of the toes would wear through long before the shoes wore out.

The pair I have now, I took to a shoe repair guy who put a hard rubber type cap on the toes. This stuff does not wear out. The shoes are still serviceable for what I do and there is no where on the toes :thumbsup:

Since I am in Florida, the cold weather is no problem for steel toes.

/ Safety Boots #18  
Not enough can be said about these, a pair is even better. Being carbon fiber not only do they eliminate the need for safety boots, your toes never get cold either. The price of admission is rather high though.

Attachments

• Boots.jpg
    Boots.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 105
   / Safety Boots #19  
that reminds me of a while back i saw an outfit making shoes out of car tire tread for the bottoms. bet that is some tought stuff!

soundguy

I wear steel toed boots from Wal Mart. They work good and fit OK. I put water proofer on them and they shed water nicely.

The main problem I had was, I worked a lot on my knees (yes I wear knee pads) on top of concrete sidewalks (I was doing irrigation work) and the tops of the toes would wear through long before the shoes wore out.

The pair I have now, I took to a shoe repair guy who put a hard rubber type cap on the toes. This stuff does not wear out. The shoes are still serviceable for what I do and there is no where on the toes :thumbsup:

Since I am in Florida, the cold weather is no problem for steel toes.

/ Safety Boots #20  
that reminds me of a while back i saw an outfit making shoes out of car tire tread for the bottoms. bet that is some tought stuff!

soundguy

It originated in Mexico. The brand is called Chaco made in Colorado I think. But they are not made from the tires anymore.