Safety in China Video.

/ Safety in China Video. #2  
Crazy ! Same people that make 60 percent of the crap we use.

/ Safety in China Video. #3  
No need to wonder why manufacturers are packing up and moving to China when they have numerous workers to do dangerous work for a fraction of the wages that they would need to pay in North America.

OSHA what's that!

Check out the pedestrian walkways that they have built in the mountains...insanity!

/ Safety in China Video. #4  
Looks like that rerod nearly got him as it sprang back from all that weight. Insane for little pay as well probably.:laughing: No wonder we can not compete.

/ Safety in China Video. #5  
Quite the video.

ericher69 said:
OSHA what's that!

Sooner than you think that could be a question you or your kids may ask.

/ Safety in China Video. #7  
Seems like they were being careful to me.

If that's the only safety issue you can find, all is well. There are entire buildings that fall over for the lack of rebar and a foundation, and because of corruption they get approved.

You should see the bamboo scaffolding that goes up many stories. Or the machinery, or the way they haul bricks to the upper floors. The lack of rebar.

Then take a look at the total disregard for traffic rules and the amount of traffic deaths each year over there.

It goes on and on. An old world country moving into the modern world, rife with corruption and financially growing very fast. Capitalism becoming the name of he game. Freedoms that make the US look over controlled. Tearing down the past and moving into the 21st century in a fury of development beyond what America has ever seen.

/ Safety in China Video. #8  
Seems like they were being careful to me.

If that's the only safety issue you can find, all is well. There are entire buildings that fall over for the lack of rebar and a foundation, and because of corruption they get approved.

You should see the bamboo scaffolding that goes up many stories. Or the machinery, or the way they haul bricks to the upper floors. The lack of rebar.

Then take a look at the total disregard for traffic rules and the amount of traffic deaths each year over there.

It goes on and on. An old world country moving into the modern world, rife with corruption and financially growing very fast. Capitalism becoming the name of he game. Freedoms that make the US look over controlled. Tearing down the past and moving into the 21st century in a fury of development beyond what America has ever seen.
It did look like the worker was tied off, but it was still crazy stupid, but as you say the supervision over there doesn't care about worker safety, only getting the job done. If you are willing to do it, then there are many others that will.
There needs to be a balance between the Chinese disregard for worker safety and our over zealous regulations.
Capitalism does rule and the Chinese don't hamper someone wanting to manufacture goods for our consumption.
Here are some photos from my time in China. Most are self explanatory. The one with the big motors shows their way of heating the building. The drum has lump coal in it that they are burning to provide heat. The smell was stifling and I wish I had a CO meter to see what the CO levels were in the building. Needless to say, I hung around long enough to take the photo then left.
Safety was haphazard to say the least. They had people walking around in ragged shirts and sandals, but I was chastised for not having a chin strap on my hard hat.

Attachments

• Chinese Safety 004.jpg
    Chinese Safety 004.jpg
    754.8 KB · Views: 444
  • Picture 015.jpg
    Picture 015.jpg
    962.4 KB · Views: 275
  • Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    308.9 KB · Views: 261
  • Building Heat.jpg
    Building Heat.jpg
    540.9 KB · Views: 274
   / Safety in China Video. #9  
They all have hard hats....obviously safety is job 1

/ Safety in China Video. #10  
The worker that was lowered, was wearing a harness, and was tied off to the excavator. While this was dangerous, it hardly rises to the occasion the person who made the video made it out to be.

They had a problem, and they did what they had to do to take care of it. This happens a lot in the real world.