Safety switch challenges - Z445 - how to locate and fix

/ Safety switch challenges - Z445 - how to locate and fix
I was just reminded that I never closed off this very old thread - with very important information. What was the problem - and solution - or has my mower been useless for 8 years?

The harness wiring has a connection point under the mower (on the left side) where it bolts to the frame. That bolt is a grounding point for the safety switch wiring. A slight design flaw is that the bolt is vertically installed with the bolt on the underside and appeared to be just a regular nut on the top. It had vibrated loose and, eventually, fell out rendering my safety switches as "unsafe". Reinstalled and made sure it was never going to fall off again (and it hasn't).

Wanted to close this off for those who may have similar issues in the future.

Michael

/ Safety switch challenges - Z445 - how to locate and fix #12  
Oh my Gosh, I can’t believe I happened to come back to this site, just fir the heck of it to see if anyone had miraculously answered your question, when I pushed “ next page” and saw an update, and what you said, it’s exactly what’s going on l w my z445 I bought in 2008. Serial numbers 60001-).,the schematics all that I paid for , etc and this makes perfect sense. I wondered what the duagram meant when it said 2 grounds, and where “ w2 frame ground” was!!
It’s all coming back now. The day it stopped there was a spark in that location, it mysteriously started when I was leaning that side last week, and today the way to start the engine was to pull the left steering j handle from neutral inward cut wouid start until I put thecarm
Back. Lol. Crazy !!

I’m looking at maybe a new jd z Turn but I’m concerned they’re not as good quality as mine. Mine still has that beautiful John deere cut thats still way way better than any other out there.
It’s not the striped look that’s important, it’s the quality of the cut, and no one touches the ones with the beautiful green n yellow paint!!