Safeway S40-2 "O" Rings... (Resolved)

/ Safeway S40-2 "O" Rings... (Resolved) #1  

WranglerX

Elite Member
Tractor
MF GC1715
Does anybody know where I can acquire a Safeway S460-2 "O" ring kit for Safeway S40-2 hydraulic connector..... I have one that is oozing fluid and want to replace just the O ring.... So far Safeway who actually list the S460-2 "O" ring as a replacement part has not been responsive to my inquiries... GOOGLE search has not been to helpful but did list one available in Australia, but have not been able to contact supplier..... Rather do business with US provider....

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-29 082828.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-29 082828.jpg
    288.4 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
   / Safeway S40-2 "O" Rings... (Resolved) #2  
Have you called them on their contact number to find your local distributor or a shop that handles their line.
If it is just an o-ring you could likely find the correct size in a good farm store or hardware store.

1709225212568.png

/ Safeway S40-2 "O" Rings... (Resolved)
One out of three, one is a maybe... Waiting for answer to inquiry.... With my luck there is 1000 O ring sizes and the one I need is not stocked by local supplier..... And closest supplier is 39 miles away and I don't even have a name or address....Just thought I would try online order first....
Have you called them on their contact number to find your local distributor or a shop that handles their line.
If it is just an o-ring you could likely find the correct size in a good farm store or hardware store.

View attachment 854885

/ Safeway S40-2 "O" Rings... (Resolved)
Final follow up... So far none of the hydraulic companies I tried to contact bothered to respond.... So today I got out a old dental pick and pulled "O" ring out of female side of coupler... Took it to local auto parts and low and behold it turnout it's a generic 9/16 in. I.D. by 3/4 in. O.D... $0.69 fix .....So much for that...

When putting in new "O" ring I discovered that the male fitting was loose on its hose.... So I tightened that up also, now thinking on it it may not have been a problem with "O" ring at all but loose hose/coupler connection.... Oh well.....