Same Dealer...For Everything?

/ Same Dealer...For Everything? #11  
I'll add a caveat to my comment about buying parts locally and the tractor miles away--the local dealer is in cotton country and could care less if he sells a cut to a weekender and nonfarmer. The fella that sold me the tractor is 250 miles away but only 70 miles from the place I intend to retire. I intend on giving him my implement business too because he was glad to have me as a customer as he is in the business of selling CUTS to the small as well as the big guy. So the market drives the dealer and the purchaser. Which is the way it should be. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Same Dealer...For Everything? #12  
I don't buy implements from the Kubota dealer who sold me my B7510HST/LA302 FEL last May.

His implement prices aren't competitive-- example, nearly $1K for a 4-ft brush hog with a Kubota paint job versus $675 at TSC for an equivalent KK hog painted yellow. Same story for a 4' box blade. I got a KK unit from TSC about $150 cheaper than the Kubota equivalent.

The Kubota tiller for my tractor is at least $1300 from the dealer. I decided to buy a pre-owned Yanmar RS1200 from another tractor dealer for $300.

And I do all the rountine servicing on the tractor and all servicing and repair on implements. Of course, if it's an engine or tranny problem I'll take it back to the dealer for repairs. Hope that's not an issue for years to come.

/ Same Dealer...For Everything? #13  
Getting good advice can often be worth paying a little more for the implement.

I like local because I can get my hands on it and try before I buy!