satoh 370 & tiller, missing 18 spline yoke to run tiller. can i make/ buy one

/ satoh 370 & tiller, missing 18 spline yoke to run tiller. can i make/ buy one #11  
Does the shaft on your tractor turn clockwise or ccw? Is the tiller made for the same rotation?

/ satoh 370 & tiller, missing 18 spline yoke to run tiller. can i make/ buy one #12  
If the Beaver has only the 18 spline output, it's CCW rotation.

/ satoh 370 & tiller, missing 18 spline yoke to run tiller. can i make/ buy one
Hey Oliver..yes its fortunately a matching satoh set. I think they both turn counter clockwise. I sent you a private message too . if you have the part numbers for the yoke and cross I would be very happy to pay for your time by paypal or something.. I have tired hard to fine them and only have the part number for the 18 spline yoke. but I guess I need a cross and another yoke with a square hole??...I am not experienced with drive line stuff so I am not sure hot to match the yokes and cross etc. I suppose the holes for the cross must match up somehow but I dont see apecs in the yokes telling the size of the holes.

techwritr2 ...Yes it is 18 spline and turns counter clockwise...I have the woods part number for the 18 spline yoke even though no one seems to have it in stock I think I can order it. Its part number is 27059 and its actually for a woods brand rear mount mower but will work. I think that from what oliver tells me I need another yoke that has a 1" square hole and a cross to connect that youke to the yoke with 18 splines. thats all I think because the distance between the tiller shaft and pto is merely inches.but I dont know the cross part number or the number for the yoke with 1" square hole. These yokes come in different lengths and the holes probably have to match the holes in the 18 spline yoke right? or the cross would have to have 2 different sizes on the ends and I dont even know if they make them that way.

/ satoh 370 & tiller, missing 18 spline yoke to run tiller. can i make/ buy one #15  
It looks like you basically have a half a drive shaft. The yoke might be the easy part. I think rather than trying to match the male end of the shaft, I'd try and find the 18 spline yoke, then see if your driveline shop could construct something if they had tractor/tiller in hand to work with using the yoke already on the tiller.

/ satoh 370 & tiller, missing 18 spline yoke to run tiller. can i make/ buy one #16  
The cross is a "6 series". Tractor Supply has them. Can probably get one at any parts store. TSC also has several yokes with various hole sizes. From what I could see, they are round with keyway or rectangular. Your driveline shop should be able to get a yoke for the shaft and match it to the Woods yoke if you get one.

I found a place that had the 18 spline yoke in stock and the cross and ordered them both....but I probably should have waited and got the cross at TSC like you mentioned. it would have been cheaper...so those two pieces cost me $120 with shipping.......I think the only remaining piece I need is another yoke that fits the cross and has a 1" square hole. .... I am excited to give the tiller a try!

/ satoh 370 & tiller, missing 18 spline yoke to run tiller. can i make/ buy one #18  
and someone somewhere is looking at an 18 spline yoke and shaft in their barn and wondering....what was this for?

/ satoh 370 & tiller, missing 18 spline yoke to run tiller. can i make/ buy one #19  
Skylarkguy, I had one a while back and sold it to someone here for the shipping. Later, I needed one and had to buy a new one. I got a Woods manual and had to show the parts guy the number. I think it cost me somewhere around $85.00 just for the yoke.

/ satoh 370 & tiller, missing 18 spline yoke to run tiller. can i make/ buy one #20  
Yeah i think we have all done something similar....now i save nearly everything...which leads to it's own set of problems :)