Satoh Beaver 370d works fine, then don’t!

/ Satoh Beaver 370d works fine, then don’t! #1  

Reeses

Tractor
Satoh Beaver 370d
Hey there! I recently bought a Satoh beaver 370d with loader. The tractor runs great. However, after around 30-45 minutes the tractor won’t go into gear?! It’s not popping out of gear, but when I stop to either change the gear or put it into reverse I get nothing! Sometimes after the clutch pedal is released it will slowly roll then snap into gear, but most times nothing!? Ideas, suggestions, recommendations!? Thanks for your time!

/ Satoh Beaver 370d works fine, then don’t! #2  
Sounds more like a clutch issue than a "won't go into gear" problem. Maybe you're a little short on pedal free play?

/ Satoh Beaver 370d works fine, then don’t! #3  
My tractor did that and my brother I thinks it dropped a pin.
Tractor was stolen, and brought back to my brother’s shop. He will work on tractor this winter.

/ Satoh Beaver 370d works fine, then don’t!
Sounds more like a clutch issue than a "won't go into gear" problem. Maybe you're a little short on pedal free play?
Well, we thought the same thing! To me there’s not a lot of free play and we’ve try adjusting and nothing changed. It’s just weird that it works fine with no issues, then nothing. We are wondering if heat is effecting the clutch in some way…

My tractor did that and my brother I thinks it dropped a pin.
Tractor was stolen, and brought back to my brother’s shop. He will work on tractor this winter.
Dropped pin?
What the world!? Do you have your serial number so you can prove the tractor that showed up at your brothers shop is yours? If so I’d get it back!!

So playing with it today same thing! However I found that if I turn the tractor off, but it in gear, and then restart the tractor without depressing the clutch, it will start in gear. I’m going to ply with the adjustment rod today. I doubt it’ll fix anything but I’m hoping it’s the clutch. I just dred taking off the loader sand plugging all the hydraulics. New to tractors but there’s usually a fix IF you know what you’re doing!