Satoh Beaver tiller

/ Satoh Beaver tiller #11  
I believe there is a tensioner on the drive chain of the tiller that would be damaged if you ran it in a reversed direction.

The adapter is available for the PTO output.

I have a manual for the tiller used with the MT180 and MT160. (2PR-1110OS)
From all the diagrams there is no idler or tensioner so reversing the tines should actually work.

/ Satoh Beaver tiller #12  
For what it is worth, I would keep the 4X4 tractor without a doubt.

/ Satoh Beaver tiller #13  
I have a manual for the tiller used with the MT180 and MT160. (2PR-1110OS)
From all the diagrams there is no idler or tensioner so reversing the tines should actually work.

This is good to know! What type of gear mechanism is in the 90 degree box that redirects the PTO shaft power to the drive gear? Is it plain bevel gears, or do they appear directional?

/ Satoh Beaver tiller
I appreciate all the help. I tried the tiller out with the 373 last weekend. Worked great even with 9 tines broken off. All I need to do is replace the 8 spline yoke on the end with one with 16 spline and it should work with the 370D. Making the tiller turn ccw will make the tiller rotation turn in reverse. Reverse turning tillers are better for chewing up hard ground and pulverizing soil.

/ Satoh Beaver tiller
Just to update everyone. I used this cw pto turning tiller on my ccw pto beaver all spring and summer. It works great, tho it gives you a pile of dirt at the end of each path. I just learn to slowly raise it before I get to the end of each row.