Satoh Bull Injector Pump

/ Satoh Bull Injector Pump #1  

Johnwayne79

Tractor
Satoh Bull
Hello, new to the Forum. I have a Satoh Bull I have been rebuilding for quite a while. I am having an issue with the injector pump only getting fuel to one cylinder. One side of the pump doesn’t have fuel coming out. My first diesel and tractor to ever mess with. I have taken this pump apart and cleaned it and put it back together three or four times all with the same result. I am only seeing two Orings inside and both are doing their job. Not sure at this point what my problem is. Thanks for any help.

/ Satoh Bull Injector Pump #2  
Injector pumps can be finicky and best left to someone that has the proper tools and knowledge to work on them. @thepumpguysc has helped many people on this forum over the years and knows his stuff. You should reach out to him or find someone local that can rebuild it for you.

/ Satoh Bull Injector Pump #3  
You could also take the pump to an actual diesel repair shop to be checked out - you know, the kind that works on semi trucks. The local one rebuilt the injectors on my Mitsubishi D2350. Good luck.

/ Satoh Bull Injector Pump
3 or 4x.. how many tries does it take before you throw in the towel.??
Lol not done yet, just wondering if it needs a shim or something on that one side or maybe it’s not shuttling. How stiff is the governor arm supposed to be? It feels pretty weak. I guess I need to pull pump off and have someone turn it over to see if the governor is actually moving. Or does the pumping back forth just run off of the cam?

/ Satoh Bull Injector Pump #6  
U r so far out in left field, your not even in the ballpark..
The pump runs off its own cam.. it’s possible that the lobe is smashed.?? But u say ur rebuilding it, so u would have seen it..
The gov link runs both cylinders on the pump, so if 1 is pumping and the other isn’t.. the problem is with that cyl in the pump..
What r u talking about a shim.?? Under the roller??
U put back the shim that was in there..period..U don’t have the tools required to check or set the lift..(shim)

The pump runs off its own cam.. it’s possible that the lobe is smashed.?? But u say ur rebuilding it, so u would have seen it..
The gov link runs both cylinders on the pump, so if 1 is pumping and the other isn’t.. the problem is with that cyl in the pump..
U put back the shim that was in there..period..U don’t have the tools required to check or set the lift..(shim)
There wasn’t a shim in it, but I have seen other people rebuilding them that had a shim underneath the roller that’s why I was asking.

Is there a rebuild kit for these pumps? The only thing I see in it to replace is the springs. There are no orings or anything inside. The cam lobes look fine. Im lost here that’s why I’m posting and yes ignorant of these pumps.

/ Satoh Bull Injector Pump #9  
If there’s a shim under the other tappet.. just measure it and put that in..
It’s possible that the rollers are your “shim”..(different size rollers)
It’s more likely that u have the gear segment off a tooth or u have the plunger in backwards

/ Satoh Bull Injector Pump #10  
There should be an oring on the dv holder and a copper gasket on top of the delivery valve.. which must be torqued..
Ur gonna be miles ahead if u just send it to me.!!!
U can reach me directly at:
My screen name at aoldotcom in your home mail server..