Tires Satoh S470 Buck

/ Satoh S470 Buck #1  

terryalicia

I have a Satoh S470 Buck with original turf tires. Also had Master belly mower which is gone. Engine and trans on this thing are bulletproof. Would be real garden gem with right ag tires but can't find any. Any ideas.

/ Satoh S470 Buck #2  
Call Bill at Valley Power in Roanoke Virginia. He is the BEST!!!
Rowdy

/ Satoh S470 Buck #3  
I probably have some used tires that will fit.

/ Satoh S470 Buck #4  
U have tires 4sale. I recently was given this fine gift... Buck S470. The tires go flat alot.ha ha.

/ Satoh S470 Buck #5  
Put tubes in them if you can. My Buck still has the original rear tires.

/ Satoh S470 Buck #6  
Can anyone here suggest R4 tire sizes for a Satoh Buck? Mine is an S470D (4x4) with original turf tires.

/ Satoh S470 Buck #7  
THE BUCK HAD 6-18.THE S373 HAD 6-16. THE TRACTORS WERE THE SAME OTHER THAN HAVING A DIFFERENT ENGINE.

/ Satoh S470 Buck #8  
Can the 6-18 rear turf wheels/tires from a Buck (S470d) be used as substitutes for the 6-16 rear turf wheels/tires on Beaver III (S373d) with no problems of binding up? I am wondering why these two models did not originally have the same size rear tires when new?

/ Satoh S470 Buck #9  
Can the 6-18 rear turf wheels/tires from a Buck (S470d) be used as substitutes for the 6-16 rear turf wheels/tires on Beaver III (S373d) with no problems of binding up? I am wondering why these two models did not originally have the same size rear tires when new?
You would need to swap in both rear and front tires over. And ensure the mounting bolt pattern match too.

There are some universal Ag rims out there in the Sparex catalogs.

/ Satoh S470 Buck #10  
Why upsize the front wheels if the two tractors use identical gear-sets? According to Mitsubishi tractor date, the standard turf front wheel/tire size for both tractors, the Beaver III S373D and the Buck S470D are exactly the same, that being 6-12. Also, according to their data, the rear standard turf tire size is 9.5-16 for the Beaver III and 9.5-18 for the Buck. IF the tractors are exactly the same in respect to all mechanical components, except for engine and rear wheel size, it implies to me that the rear wheels could be interchanged. I am inferring from this that the reason Mitsubishi equipped the Buck with larger rear wheels is because it has sufficient additional engine torque to drive them. With the Beaver III having a smaller engine, I am also inferring this is because the engine has less torque, but enough to drive the smaller rear wheels but not sufficient for the larger size used on the Buck. My wheel/tire size question about the interchangeability of the rear wheel/tires from the Beaver III to Buck was posted in case someone who had a rear pair from one of these tractors, but only had the other tractor on which to use them. My understanding has been that a 3% variation up or down in tire size was still within the acceptable range the transmission gear-set could manage without binding up. If that assumption is correct, is this how Satoh/Mitsubishi could successfully use the same gear-set in both tractors while having different sized rear wheel/tires on these two models?