Satoh s650g carb

/ Satoh s650g carb #1  

Ramz28

Tractor
1973 Satoh s650gq
Hey every1 the governor on my satoh has too many problems to bother fixing. And I don't want to replace it with another 50yr old used part. Other than just selling this tractor and getting something else. Is there a possibility of replacing the intake/carb with something more like a car set up? The governor just controls the carbs fuel setting. So if I were to find a manifold/carb that would bolt in or fit with some modification. Would it work? My theory says it would just like a tradition car engine with the throttle controlling the carb. Any ideas would be great. I'm getting tired of fixing this tractor and not being able to get parts easily. Thanks.

/ Satoh s650g carb #2  
If you can match the carburetor for something else that will fit and the engine is about the same size that should work, assuming it has a gasoline engine. You may get some help if you contact Valley Power

/ Satoh s650g carb #3  
Once had some industrial tow tractors that were propane driven and got them cheap.
What I did was purchase regular carbs from similar sized engines that used the same mounting footprint.
A bit of fine tuning and we were good to go.
Those tow tractors were then sold to an airport baggage handling facility.

/ Satoh s650g carb #4  
Piloon gave me a thought. You may be able to get a propane conversion kit to convert it from gasoline to propane.

/ Satoh s650g carb
Thank you. For the replies. I guess the hunt is on for a carb

/ Satoh s650g carb
So here is an update for any1 that cares lol. Hope this is usefull for some1. Spoke with Bill from valley power. Seems like a great guy. I explained my problems and what I was attempting. He explained why it probably won't work but the easiest solution would be to fix my governor. And carbs.. he sells a rebuild kit for the governor. Or you can send it in and they will rebuild for u. Also explained if something is wrong with a specific part of the governor such as a shaft. He has the ability to make 1. So replacing with a used governor isn't needed. Also my carbs are flooding and fouling out plugs. Bought a replacement carb and a governor rebuild kit. Set me back almost $600. I will install and let you know how it goes. But any problems with a satoh call him.. knows what he's doing. Thanks for the recommendation.

/ Satoh s650g carb #7  
Parts are out there BUT the $$$$$ is why my s-650 is in the junkpile right now! Great little tractor when it ran. needs major engine work I guess. Cant keep water in it, just blows it out and gets hot in a couple mins. runtime. shut it down and it went to the back lot where it sits today.

/ Satoh s650g carb #8  
Have carbs available.