Price Check Satoh S670D 4wd Bison-question

/ Satoh S670D 4wd Bison-question #1  

jharrison

Tractor
Satoh Bison s670
I have a Satoh Bison S670D that would not start. I have rebuilt the injector pump, installed new glow plugs, etc. After checking the compression, I have 425 pds on cylinder # 1 and #4, only have 100 pds on #2 and #3. Is this tractor worth rebuilding or should I part it out? I am not sure what the correct move is at this point.

/ Satoh S670D 4wd Bison-question #2  
I have a Satoh Bison S670D that would not start. I have rebuilt the injector pump, installed new glow plugs, etc. After checking the compression, I have 425 pds on cylinder # 1 and #4, only have 100 pds on #2 and #3. Is this tractor worth rebuilding or should I part it out? I am not sure what the correct move is at this point.

I suppose it could be as simple as a blown head gasket. I would think 425 lbs on #1 and #4 would be close to spec. You can check valve clearance on #2 and #3 easily enough to be sure they are seating fully to eliminate the possibility that they could have zero clearance and not sealing completely. You could also add some heavy oil to those two cylinders (not too much) to check for bad rings. If the pressure goes up significantly with oil in the cylinders, I would suspect worn or damaged rings.

/ Satoh S670D 4wd Bison-question #3  
Sounds like you messed with it enough that you might as well finish it and make it right. I'm not familiar with the Bison, but it appears to be a great tractor. It's 4wd and a diesel (I think) so I'd push on until it's where you want it. I brought back a Satoh S373D from the point that if I knew what all was wrong with it before I started I may not have tried to fix it. In the end though, I consider it well worth it. Financially and time-wise it may not be the best move but I had fun and learned a lot and saved a tractor from the graveyard. I don't think you'll be unhappy with it. Post some pics if you can.

/ Satoh S670D 4wd Bison-question #4  

Haven't heard from you in awhile. Did you get this thing running? If so, what was the solution?