savings bonds?

/ savings bonds? #21  
Ya, i actually closed out one CD account and bought a 2003 model year 2 bedroom 2 bath house last year. That 130,000 in the bank was earning me $103.00 interest per month. Now the renter is paying me $900 per month. while the house is appreciating.

My stocks and bonds have also been doing great last few years. over 25% increase in value.

right now im partially retired. still doing some electrical work but i pick and choose. Trying to only work 3 days a week.

The wife will probably fully retire in 1-1/2 years.....

if we live on 4% of investments plus rental income (2 houses now) our monthly income will be very comfortable.

I fully retired a few years ago, but i was too young. none of my friends had retired, so i never had anything to do. got real bored. I need all my friends to retire also.

/ savings bonds? #22  
errrr. you pay taxes on any savings interest. they report all interest income you earn.

heck, i sold some gold years ago, and i had to pay taxes on the profit i earned in the gold. that really sucked.

True but savings and gold aren't loans to the Federal Government. That's, in essence, what savings bonds are.

/ savings bonds? #23  
True but savings and gold aren't loans to the Federal Government.

well, your right there. I just hate taxes on all capital gains ....long term and especially short term.

I got nailed HUGE on inheritance taxes.....now that should be illegal. Taxing monies that was already taxed.

ohoh... i see this thread going off the side

/ savings bonds? #24  
So you are considering empowering the Government to further enslave your Granddaughter? I suggest hard money, the solid silver and gold type.

/ savings bonds? #27  
So you are considering empowering the Government to further enslave your Granddaughter? I suggest hard money, the solid silver and gold type.

ohoh... lets not start another gold issue. that usually gets posts banned HEHE

/ savings bonds? #28  
I bought them many, many years ago when they actually paid real interest. Bought my first house using them. I wouldn't go that way now!

mark

/ savings bonds? #29  
I bought them many, many years ago when they actually paid real interest. Bought my first house using them. I wouldn't go that way now!

mark

My grandmother bought them for me...Used a small portion on my first house too...Had to sandbag a fair amount to cover the accrued interest though. That's why I still sitting on a ton of them, I don't want to pay up to cash them out..Stupid, I know, but that's the way I am.

/ savings bonds? #30  
The birth Certificate issued to your granddaughter is a Government record that they attach the $55,000 in debt that she currently owes Uncle Sam. It will be much higher before she even realizes what the people we have elected have done to her. The Government has no "value" for the very young before they invest in their education or the very old when they stop producing. The FED is inflating another Wall Street bubble that will draw money from people that actually earn it and rob that wealth from them with their market manipulation. You can choose to participate in a system that we all know is failing or begin to find a better way to provide a better life for the young people.