Saw a BX 23

/ Saw a BX 23 #1  

techman

Veteran Member
Tractor
BX22
Was at the dealer and saw a BX 23 on the floor. Mostly the same as the '22. New headlights, same bulbs but new lenses, just a cosmetic change. The differential lock pedal now has a rubber covered round disk to step on, rather than the bent rod. The hood release lever is new. Looks more robust but the dealer says it is no better than the old one, again mostly cosmetic.

The biggest change is the loader control valve. The loader frame is a bit different with the valve mounted on the tractor's fixed frame. There is a black plastic cover on the rear (facing front) side of the valve assembly, with the quick disconnect halves rigidly mounted to the assembly, and sticking out of the black plastic cover. As a result the overall hose setup for the loader is cleaner and simpler. The control lever is angled, black and has a nice flex rubber boot on it. The lever lock is a fancy lever which locks the control lever in all directions, but is mounted in a hard to get to location.

Overall the valve assembly looks nicer and more modern. Lastly the loader retaining pins are like the BH transport lock pin, with a captive ring to hold the sliding cross handle, and the hard to reach clevis pins are gone.

The dealer told me that the BX 2300 got a cruise control (basically a pedal lock) but it was not put on the BX 23.

That was all I saw, other than a price increase.

paul

/ Saw a BX 23 #2  
I saw the bx23 at my dealer today. The salesman wern't that familar with the changes in the model. I was wondering if it had more Hp or lift capasity of the bh or loader ? It did look very similar to my bx22 there is more stickers on the unit. Maby the improvements are mostly cosmetic ? I will try and look up the specifications on the internet. thanks for the post David.

/ Saw a BX 23 #5  
Paul,

Just FYI, the 2230 cruise was placed in the open hydraulic slot on the fender which the 22/23 use for the seatbelt, thus no cruise on the 23.

'case you're wondering,
Michael