Saw holster and new home

/ Saw holster and new home #1  

garth466

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 3120
Here's what a guy with little talent or know how can do with that ballast box. Saw fits nice and it is right there close where I can grab it without having to worry about running it over.

The next shot is the new home for all things outside.

The last shot is what happens when trying to find a reason to own a tractor. I have many old and rotten cedar stumps. I've been able to use the 4-in-1 to split them up and carry them to be burned.

Attachments

• 1st Day of JD 029.jpg
    1st Day of JD 029.jpg
    682.2 KB · Views: 657
  • 1st Day of JD 033.jpg
    1st Day of JD 033.jpg
    388.2 KB · Views: 430
  • 1st Day of JD 036.jpg
    1st Day of JD 036.jpg
    728 KB · Views: 430
   / Saw holster and new home #2  
Well Garrett, it looks like you've found some quality work to keep your new toy employed. Soon the list grows to a multiyear plan once we realize just what can be done with these machines.

The CFO wants to know where you got your dog, looks an auful lot like someone living here.

Attachments

• CuteSiena.JPG
    CuteSiena.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 336
   / Saw holster and new home #3  
Looks like a good use of what you have. I just keep my saw lying on the floor of my tractor. Usually it's out of they way behind the seat, but sometimes it can be a real pain to work around.

I've been thinking about a scabard that could bolt onto my ROPS, but I'm too lazy to actually build anything just yet. Probably when winter gets here, I'll move that up on my priority list.

Eddie

/ Saw holster and new home #4  
Nice holster. No telling how many cedar stumps I've burned but I starting to see them show up in landscape projects. Now I am eyeballing several out in the pasture to drag up to the house.

/ Saw holster and new home #5  
Ditto...Nice holster...

Now make sure you have a clean grill the next time you take pictures of the front of your tractor...:D

/ Saw holster and new home
I never would have thought that grill would get so filled. A little tap, tap from behind seems to work, but wouldn't it be nice to have a button that would reverse the fan for about 5 seconds?

Okay, someone with talent put it together and show us.

/ Saw holster and new home #7  
oliver28472 said:
Nice holster. No telling how many cedar stumps I've burned but I starting to see them show up in landscape projects. Now I am eyeballing several out in the pasture to drag up to the house.

Drag 'em in, take them to the car wash and power wash them, then to a suburban landscape store/nursery and sell 'em.

/ Saw holster and new home
These stumps are from trees cut down about 1900. They are basically standing bark. Besides, there isn't a market around here for cedar stumps.

/ Saw holster and new home #9  
garth466 said:
Here's what a guy with little talent or know how can do with that ballast box. Saw fits nice and it is right there close where I can grab it without having to worry about running it over.

Do you call the chainsaw Excalibur? It looks like an updated version of King Arthur and the Sword in the Stone.