Saw this in the field the other day....

/ Saw this in the field the other day.... #1  

ShaleniFarm

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3830HST; Kubota BX1850; Kubota RTVx1100
I saw this come through the field the other day.

Guess I gotta get a gun......

Have a good one!

Attachments

• 396001-smallcoyote.jpg
    396001-smallcoyote.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 1,085
   / Saw this in the field the other day.... #2  
Don't shoot him. That is Kioti Tractor Companies mascot. I understand that he is on a nation wide promotional tour. He moved to fast to get the orange paint on him. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Saw this in the field the other day.... #3  
I saw one of those trotting through a field in Nebraska the other day. The only problem was that I was going about 80 mph, so I didn't have time to get a picture. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Saw this in the field the other day.... #4  
Had one sniffing at my sheep a few weeks ago. He is no longer of this world. Pete

/ Saw this in the field the other day.... #5  
Put just one donkey in with the sheep. The donkey will do the protection work against coyotes and wolves.

/ Saw this in the field the other day.... #6  
I'm all for that. A donkey or llama would be round the clock protection. Trouble is, my wife claims no self-respecting Vermonter would ever own such an animal! I suspect that will change if we ever lose a ruminant to coyotes or loose dogs.

Pete

/ Saw this in the field the other day.... #7  
Big disconnect sumwhere there Pete. If she'd have sheep, she'd have to consider a donkey or a llama. Lottsa them in VT. They are both fearless. The donkey would kick the yote into the Maritimes or the llama would open up its belly with those splayed hooves.

The other alternative is some Tennessee Fainting goats. You know how they work, right?

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Saw this in the field the other day.... #8  
Get a female donkey, Pete. Sometimes the male donkeys are really mean even after being gelded. My girlfriend has one that likes to bully and bite her goats when he gets bored. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Saw this in the field the other day.... #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Get a female donkey, Pete. )</font>

And you may even need to get more than one. I had a neighbor who had one male and four females in with his cattle, but after a few years, decided they weren't worth feeding, so he sold them. Then after loosing a few calves he bought one male and one female, and that jack chased and harrassed calves, even injuring them several times until he sold that pair. And I got one young gelding and put in with my goats, and he walked up and down the fence like a caged lion for a couple of days wanting to get out and join the neighbor's donkeys, then he grabbed one of my goats (full grown female goat) and slung her back and forth and broke her neck, grabbed a small kid by one hind leg and was carrying it while running from me. He finally dropped it without hurting it, and he went to the auction the next day. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Saw this in the field the other day.... #10  
I had a donkey with mine one year. The year before I lost 6 sheep to coyoties, with the donkey I lost 4 because of the donkey's nonsense, coyoties none. So the donkey reduced losses by 33%.lol He was gone soon after and I resorted to more thorough methods that lasted quite a few years.